Sign in to follow this  
wedesignstudios

How can I remove the underline in post metabar (author's name, comments)?

wedesignstudios

How can I remove the underline that appears under the author's name and comment links within the metabar beneath blog titles? I have learned that these underlines are not the result of tag link decoration. They are borders, as in 'border-bottom'. I've spent several hours playing around with CSS but can not remove the underlines. Please advise.

Rob
Interestingly, you seem to have lots of elements with unique spans each with underline set for links. Here's one solution you can add to Custom Code > CSS Rules: [code]element.style { text-decoration: none; }[/code] Did you by any chance copy/paste the content into your boxes from a Word or other wordprocessing document or an HTML editor outside WordPress? It seems each box contains lots of different spans which each have "text-decoration: underline;" inside a span tag, which is not how WordPress normally writes text. You need to go through all your text in the WordPress HTML editor (not Visual) and remove this: [code][/code]. Also, look for [code] [/code] which represents a blank space but uses lots of memory when it found in large numbers (as it is). You might want to go through your site with Firebug (http://www.getfirebug.com) for Firefox which will help you identify all styling things you wish to change.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

wedesignstudios
I'm not following you. My concern is removing the underline that appear in the metabar beneath blog post titles. Specifically the ones that are now showing up beneath the author's name and beneath the comments link. I've used Firebug to determine that these are not 'text-decoration' CSS. Rather, they are 'border-bottom'. For an example look at any post on my company's blog: wedesignstudios.com/blog. In the metabar under each blog headline are two white underlines, one beneath the autor's name and one under the words 'add comment' (or '0 comments' depending on if you view on the blog page or on the post page). I want to remove these. To answer your question, no I do not copy/paste from Word or another word processor. The underlining is something that came pre-styled with PageLines Framework.

Rob
For under the post title itself: [code].fpost .post-title h2 a:hover {text-decoration:none;}[/code] will remove the underline only under the post title. However, to remove the underlines below the author and comments, try: [code].metabar a:hover { border: 0; }[/code] Actually, earlier I was referring to the boxes on the front page. Apologies for the confusion.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur