Sign in to follow this  
WebWerx

Getting Rid of that Silly White Line Below my Widget Titles

WebWerx

Hello Everyone: I need some help identifying the CSS that is producing the white horizontal line one sees below the 4 widget titles here: http://cl.ly/461n0c0G2L1t0N172p2V I cannot seem to identify it with FireBug.

mackenzie
I strongly recommend installing FireBug on Firefox (allows you to play around to find the right code in "sandbox" mode) and looking at this piece of code: [code]hr, .fpost, .clip_box, .widget-title, .metabar a, #morefoot .widget-title, #site #dsq-content h3, .navigation_wrap, .setup_area, .fpost .post-thumb img, .clip .clip-thumb img, .author-thumb img, ul.sf-menu ul li { border-color: #F2F2F2; }[/code]

Mackenzie - PageLines Help Desk

The Centsible Family - Writer, Photographer and Coffee Addict

---------------------------------------------------

Kindly search this forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

Rob
Mackenzie's correct. That's the bit of code to look at. Now here's what to do with it: [code]hr, .fpost, .clip_box, .widget-title, .metabar a, #morefoot .widget-title, #site #dsq-content h3, .navigation_wrap, .setup_area, .fpost .post-thumb img, .clip .clip-thumb img, .author-thumb img, ul.sf-menu ul li { border-color: #000000; }[/code]

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Rob
Of course, you'll need to narrow that choice down a bit as it will make a black line elsewhere. Don't blame the cook!

WebWerx
@rangelone & @mackenzie: Apologies for the tardy reply. Okay... Before narrowing things down as my chef friend suggested, I implemented the entire piece of CSS - no effect. So (make me work @mackenzie).. I dug some more and here is what I came up with [code]h3.widget-title { border:none; }[/code] I suppose border-color would work also. It works (Yay!). Not Yay. I need it only to take effect where I mentioned, not throughout the site (which is what will happen with all my widgets. I only want it to happen with these devilish widgets. so maybe something with #footcols in it? BTW, I do have Firebug installed on Firefox... would love to know how to get into this mysterious sandbox of yours @mackenzie. Looks better though: http://cl.ly/283z0D1m2W2v14132f1h

Rob
Yes, it does look better and I believe the sandbox Mackenzie referred to is the CSS test area on the right side in Firebug. You're getting better at this stuff. One of these days you might actually make money at it. ;-)

WebWerx
@rangelone: Funny chef! Still need help/advice on this: "I only want it to happen with these devilish widgets. so maybe something with #footcols in it?" Thanks for the help.. And confirmation that I have been playing in your Sandbox all along.

Danny
Hi WebWerx, I apologise but I am not quite sure what you're referring too, do you want a border in your footercols ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

WebWerx
Hi @Danny: No need to apologis(z)e. I need to drill down a bit a get the CSS to only take affect here: http://cl.ly/030w2D2L0P1i3Z2l0C00. If I apply the code as stated, it will take effect sitewide. Hence my referral to #footcols. You guys will make a CSS guru of me yet!

Jenny
You need to find the post or page id at the top of the CSS and the the code will apply to that post/page only. :)

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

WebWerx
Hi Jenny (@simple_mama)... This much you have taught me already. In this case I am not dealing with a page or post: http://cl.ly/1H1O1e1b163h2Y010R1c . I have tried numerous iterations that include "h3.widget-title". I am stuck (and hungry). How about you have @rangelone whip us both up something to eat!

Rob
I'm planning to grill some lobsters tonight and making chocolate dipped strawberries stuffed with cheesecake on Sunday. Tomorrow, Lemon Paillard of Chicken grilled and served over Spring Greens with Lemon Mustard Dressing and Grilled Garden Vegetables as the side. Meanwhile: [code]h3.widget-title { border: medium none; color: #F0141E; font-size: 20px; font-weight: bold; margin-bottom: 0.6em; padding: 3px 8px 3px 0; text-align: left; }[/code]

WebWerx
@rangelone: What time should Helen & I drop by? Sadly your fix has the same effect as mine. It touches all H3 Widget Titles. I need to be specific to the title for the area I am working on - per what @simple_mama says (and I know). (Gotta PM the link for the chicken recipe)

WebWerx
@rangelone - @simple_mama - @Danny - @mackenzie: This is the solution: [code] .section-footcols h3.widget-title { border: medium none; color: #F0141E; font-size: 20px; font-weight: bold; margin-bottom: 0.6em; padding: 3px 8px 3px 0; text-align: left; }[/code] Thanks for your input. TGIF!

Rob
Have fun this weekend. The lobsters were amazing. Vanilla scented drawn butter is amazing.