Sign in to follow this  
illinimatt81

Create Video and Graphic/Text Side By Side in Content Box

illinimatt81

I am looking to have a video and some text/graphic next to it within a content box. For the video I am planning to use a lightbox plugin so the video will open in a lightbox to actually play, the "video" in the content box would be a still jpg that once clicked on would launch the video. To accomplish this it would seem I need to be able to make 2 columns within a content box so I can lay out the content accordingly. Here is an example of what I am looking to do from Lynda.com: http://www.screencast.com/t/jBvn3kn0 Any thoughts as how to best implement this? Am I on the right track?

Rob
I'm not convinced a content box is the right solution. Why not create a slide, using a graphics program like Photoshop, adding your jpg image to that, with the rest of the slide in plain white? You could then use the Feature Slider with one slide and no transition, and place the text in black on a white background. We can then help you size the text area to coordinate. Since the entire slide would be linkable, you can be assured the client can click the link. If I'm not mistaken, the lightbox would react to the specific link. Let me know your thoughts.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

illinimatt81
Interesting suggestion....I will try it and report back.

Danny
Hi Illinimatt81, You could use a ContentBox and then add the HTML used for the PageLines Grid. See the link below for more information on the grid. http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/18546/what-is-the-underlying-grid-system-for-framework-2#Item_3 For example: [code]
HTML for image and video lightbox link would go here
Content
[/code]

Please search our forums, before posting!

illinimatt81
Thanks Danny. This is exactly what I was looking to accomplish. I set it up on a test page and it is working perfect. I am thrilled it is responsive as well.