Sign in to follow this  

How to insert buddypress in my layout

Hello, I am working on this website and I chose Pagelines Pro as theme. I have only a doubt as I can't find the easiest way to set the buddypress standard page as activity or register inside my layout. I try to explain better: when I open powerofoccupy.com/activity I can't see my sidebars and my footer. I understand I should modify the structure of activity/index.php but I don't know which could be the origin as theme/page.php contains only a call and not a structure. Could you help me? Paolo

Rob
Buon giorno Paolo, There is a small problem with Buddypress and sidebars, which is why you don't see them in the Activity or in groups or other BuddyPress pages. Only a few pages will allow sidebars. We're endeavoring presently to resolve this problem. I can honestly say I suffer the same problem on my website. Which theme do you have activated? It should be Base Theme 1.0.2 (available from Dashboard > PageLines > Store). I am able to use my footers. Check http://www.epicurus.com/discussion. You may need to implement that Base Theme, then just re-add the footer sidebars into the footer template again.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Hello rangelone, I have activated Base Theme yet. So you think that for the moment I can use only the footer template? I saw epicurus.com and I understand that you have the same footer sidebar on the entire website. This is the best I can do right now? Bye Paolo

Rob
Paulo, in my site, the footer looks the same, but each folder has its own WP installation. So, the footer in my Buddypress area appears like all the rest, but it is in its own footer template. If you have Base Theme activated in Dashboard > Appearance > Theme, and you have the BuddyPress PageLines plugin activated, you should be able to add a footer widget to the footer sidebar in Dashboard > Appearance > Widgets, then add whatever you like to the footer widget. If you need help, let me know.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur