Sign in to follow this  
jbrouwer

action map not working with buddypress activated

jbrouwer

Hi, Whenever Buddypress is installed your handy action map button is not displayed in the adminbar. Could this be fixed? I am getting tired of deactivating buddypress to set the action map in action... Thanks!

Rob
I'm going to put in a request for this, but I'm not sure this is going to be easily fixed. Buddypress places that bar at the top of the browser and takes over the WP bar, as you know. I'm not trying to pass the buck, but have you checked the BuddyPress or WordPress forums on this? I'm asking because those PageLines links like Action Map are only placed in the WP bar.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Rob
BuddyPress offers this solution. I'm unsure how it will work in terms of bringing back the WP admin bar: http://codex.buddypress.org/theme-development/modifying-the-buddypress-admin-bar/hiding-the-buddypress-admin-bar/

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

jbrouwer
You doubts were right about whether the WP admin bar would show, it did not. However, I found another one: [code]define( 'BP_USE_WP_ADMIN_BAR', true );[/code] I will have to customize it again. Just found this helpful post:[url]http://sumtips.com/2011/03/customize-wordpress-admin-bar.html[/url] Thanks.

Danny
Hi, Thanks for sharing, we appreciate it! I have accepted your reply as the answer.

Please search our forums, before posting!