Sign in to follow this  
chrissyscannell

is it possible to have branding logo and a box on the same line

chrissyscannell

I am trying to figure out how I would have my logo in the top left corner of my site and my contact information (or anything else) in the top right corner? I can't figure out how to have them on the same horizontal line? I would also like to know how do to the same with nav. bar being next to logo. Also where is the best place for me to find out as much as possible about Pagelines videos are my favorite - already saw the ones on youtube but would like more detailed instructions about Plugins etc. Thanks, CMHS

Jenny
For the nav bar next to the logo, you can use the brandnav section. That how it works. ;) For the logo on the left and another box on the right, you'll need to add some custom CSS to make it work. You could put your contact info in the universal sidebar and then put it in the header (in templates). You'll then need to play around with the CSS, including widths, margins, and z-index. Alternatively, I believe 2.2 has a nifty little section or two that will allow you to do this out of the box. I don't have a release date yet but it's coming soon. :)

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

chrissyscannell
okay I am not sure how to play around with CSS that well could you be a little more specific?

Rob
Do you have Firebug? http://www.getfirebug.com It's a nifty tool for working with CSS in Firefox. Chrome also has Inspection tools of comparable quality. I think the issue ultimately for putting your contact info to the right of your branding logo is to use a hook. This topic might help you get a sense of what's needed. http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/19685/adding-a-logo-next-to-the-website-name-and-description/p1 The hook would have to be customized and placed in your functions.php in the PageLines Customize plugin.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

busybirds
I believe this is my question as well. I am NEW to web design, and have NO coding experience, and I am trying to use PageLines to create a simple website for my company. I have spent several hours just trying to create a simple "header" (?) that includes a clickable/interactive logo on the left with my contact info/text on the right above the social icons. Now, I am using a banner for the text, but it isn't interactive, and I placed my logo on the background. It looks very sloppy and rather elementary. Am I missing something? Is there an easy way to create this part of my website?

catrina
@busybirds Are you using PageLines Framework? If so, you can use a hook to create a box (in HTML terms, a DIV layer) that contains the text inside. It's not difficult to set up and detailed instructions are provided in the PageLines Wiki.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

busybirds
I think I have Framework. I just purchased Pagelines this last week so I assume I have the most updated version. It's PageLines Framework 2.1.6... I'll look into using a hook. Thank you.

catrina
Yes, you are using Framework. :) In order to use a hook, you need to either be using the Base theme or the PageLines Customize plugin. Those are described in detail here: http://www.pagelines.com/wiki/How_to_Use_the_Base_Theme http://www.pagelines.com/wiki/How_to_Use_the_PageLines_Customize_Plugin

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

busybirds
Thanks for your reply. Now I have some studying to do. :)

catrina
Let us know if you need help understanding some of the instructions.

Designer | Catrina Dulay