Sign in to follow this  
Sourena

Changing the style of the Footer in EcoPro

Sourena    2
Sourena

Is there any way to change the color of the footer (the bottom one)? Is there any way to hide it?

alefba.us

Web Development & Design for Right-to-Left languages

bryan-hadaway    3
bryan-hadaway

See this for hiding instructions: http://www.pagelines.com/forum/topic.php?id=1487 For changing colors, depending on which part of the footer you want to alter you could add either to your Custom CSS: `#morefoot{background:#ccc}` OR `#footer{background:#ccc}` of course changing ccc to whatever color code you wanted. Thanks, Bryan

Sourena    2
Sourena

Thanks Bryan, but it didn't work. First I added the style to "custom.css". Then I added it to "theme.css". Neither worked.

alefba.us

cmunns    16
cmunns

There are color options for the theme. To change the color to a hexidecimal you'd have to delete the background image in the CSS. If you want to hide then you can just add `display:none;` to whatever CSS class or ID you're trying to hide.

Sourena    2
Sourena

I know about the options. But the client wants the footer background to be different from the header's.

alefba.us

Andrew    201
Andrew

Want to post a live link? I'd like to see what you're trying to do :)

Andrew    201
Andrew

oh ok, well right now the same bg is applied to both: ` #spotlight, #footer { background:url("../images/eco-bg-spotlight-rpt.jpg") repeat-x scroll center top #679810; } ` you could modify one or the other by adding a custom rule with another image or color example: #spotlight { background:url("../images/my-custom-repeated-image.jpg") repeat-x scroll center top #SOMEHEXCOLOR; } There is a second background added to the 'effect' div, to give the gradient effect... that rule is defined as follows: ` #spotlight .effect, #footer .effect { background:url("../images/eco-bg-spotlight.jpg") no-repeat scroll center top transparent; } ` Again, to see these rules, I just used Firebug (my favorite tool) Have a great day.