Sign in to follow this  
elwingfield

Remove navigation hover

elwingfield

How do i remove the navigation hover. I have edited the #nav_row ul li a:hover{} but my nav still has a hover effect. I have set background to none and background-image to none but for some reason it is still changing on hover. I have also edited the #nav_row li a:hover{} to do the same. I know these are the right elements because if i add a color or change the color it works. But i can't get it to just do nothing. I do not want a hover. How can I make it so that my nav elements have no hover effect????? Thank you.

elwingfield
I don't have any css...it is completely blank. I want there to be no hover effect. When i edit #nav_row li a:hover{} nothing happens. #nav_row ul li a:hover{ background: none } this still shows a hover change. but when I do: #nav_row ul li a:hover{ background: #fff; } and it changes the background to white on hover. So when i change the color to an actual color it works but when i tell it to to do nothing it still has a hover effect. I have went so far as to just load a black style.cc file and with nothing at all in the style.css file it still does the hover effect. I am begining to think it is not a css issue but that it is something within one of the php files or functions? Please help.

Rob
First, you have an error in: [code]#nav_row ul li a:hover{ background: none }[/code] You missed the closing " ; " So, should be: [code]#nav_row ul li a:hover{ background: none; }[/code] I'm unsure why that doesn't work, but likely you need to use an rgb transparency instead of none. Try [code]background: none repeat scroll 0 0 rgba(255, 255, 255, 0.0); [/code] in place of [code]background:none;[/code] Let us know if that works. It should make the background transparent.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur