Sign in to follow this  
marcwilde

Feature post random order not working

marcwilde

Hey guys, Apologies if this has already been covered; I did some searching and didn't come up with an answer. I've got Features set up on my site as a permanent fixture at the top my website. I've set the site-wide defaults to random 'Feature Post sorting', but the feature images always come up in the same order. Any ideas? Thanks, Marcus http://flawlessfocus.com/

Rob
Marcus, I am unclear why the order isn't random. Is the order showing up in the order in which the features were added (last would show first)? On any of the pages or posts, have you changed that setting in PageLines Meta Settings?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

marcwilde
Hi rangelone, Yes, the features are appearing in the order in which they are visible via the Dashboard. I've currently got 3 configured and they always appear in the same order on every page. I've only configured the Features via the Site Defaults, as in I've not touched the Meta settings for the Blog Page, Archive Page etc. Here's a screen shot of the random option I've picked, just to be clear: http://flawlessfocus.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/06/Screen-Shot-2012-06-02-at-02.51.11.png Unless I've misunderstood something, that option should make the Features load in a random order each time a page is loaded, no? Thanks for helping me out.

catrina
I believe it should. Have you tried changing the setting in "Feature Post sorting"?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

marcwilde
Hi catrina, As you can see in the screen shot I linked above, the only setting I've tried is the 'Feature Post sorting', since that appears to be the only one with a random option, as far as I can tell.

catrina
I was looking at "Feature post sort order" below that setting but I think in this case that setting is irrelevant. Have you tried deactivating your active plugins to see if the problem persists?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse