Sign in to follow this  
tuanma

Metabar short code for categories

tuanma

Hello all, I wanted to know if there is a short code for the metabar that only displays one category, ideally the parent category, when multiple categories are selected. Thanks. Tuan

Rob
Tuan, I could be wrong about this but I don't believe there's a way to limit the number of categories displayed in the metabar via shortcodes or other means. However, if you're applying posts to multiple categories, you might want to try creating sub-categories as Custom Taxonomies which likely won't show up in that area. I use Custom Press (a plugin) to create the custom taxonomies. On my own site none of the custom taxonomies show up in the meta bar. If you did this, then you could limit the posts to one primary category (a default) then use the custom taxonomies as a hierarchy like so: Food (default) -Recipes --Soups and Stews ---Cold Soups ----Fruit Soups -----Berry Soups In this scenario on my site only Food would show up in the Meta bar.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

tuanma
@rangelone thanks for the suggestion. I did have this structure on my site, however, I'm using latest post entries plugin from the store and it only uses categories for filters -- therefore the sub-categories. I guess, I have to hope the developer adds an option for taxonomies.

catrina
I'm not sure if an option for taxonomies will be added in the future, but since it's a plugin/third party feature issue, you'll need to get in touch with the plugin creator.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse