Sign in to follow this  
bjornaraske

Customization of brand-nav in iBlogPro5?

bjornaraske

Hi, could someone please help me with this; I use the iBlogPro5-theme and would like to add feature or another slider in the header. Is this possible - and if so, how do I do it? Question number two; I want to have the navigation/menu to be white background, and with no shadows (as the boxes and feature-slider on my front page). How do I do it? Could somebody help me with some CSS or something? I really appriciate all your help! Here is my URL: www.bjornaraske.no Greeting from an amateur in Norway! :-)

Rob
Bjorn, Greetings from the Jersey Shore! Are you trying to clone the feature slider on the same page or do you wish to add another individual slide into your slider? If you use Firebug for Firefox (http://www.getfirebug.com) or Chrome's inspection tools, you can adjust CSS easily. This takes the broadest background of the menu and changes it to white: [code].main_nav_container, .brandnav-nav { -moz-border-bottom-colors: none; -moz-border-image: none; -moz-border-left-colors: none; -moz-border-right-colors: none; -moz-border-top-colors: none; background-color: white; border-style: solid; border-width: 0; box-shadow: 0 0 5px #CCCCCC; }[/code] You will need to change the background image for the next level, hover and other attributes to the colors you wish, replacing background images. Firebug will help you do this.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

bjornaraske
Thanks, rangelone! I would like to add a slider in the header with a logo and pictures that change every 10th second or so. In addition, I??d like to have a feature on the page. I??m really stuck! I have and use the firebug-plugin, but I don??t know how to change the background picture. Could you please help me?

Danny
Hi Bjorn, To add a Feature Slider to the Header, simply login to your Wordpress Admin Dashboard > PageLines > Templates > Header and then drag and drop the Feature Slider section into position. Once you have completed that, simply go to PageLines > Meta and then set the Feature Slider settings on the Site Defaults.

Please search our forums, before posting!

bjornaraske
Thanks Danny, that takes care of my second problem! But how do I customize the navigation? Could you please explain what to do, step by step?

Danny
Hi Bjorn, The iBlogPro 5 navigation and other elements use images, therefore, if you wish to change the color of the navigation, you will need edit the images. You can do this by using such programs as GIMP or Adobe Photoshop. You can find these images in the following directory - /wp-content/themes/pagelines-iblogpro5/images/ If you require assistance, I recommend you contact one of the PageLines Pros. http://www.pagelines.com/pros/

Please search our forums, before posting!