Sign in to follow this  
sedique

How do I move the navigation with css?

sedique

I am trying to move the position of the navigation bar to be higher up, and more centered... sadly I can't achieve this so I need help moving it. No matter what css I put in, it doesn't move unless I give it a position (absolute) Please respond quickly! Thanks!

mackenzie
Is the link you supplied for the site on PageLines Framework? It doesn't look quite right to me and I can't find the "themes" folder.

Mackenzie - PageLines Help Desk

The Centsible Family - Writer, Photographer and Coffee Addict

---------------------------------------------------

Kindly search this forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

sedique
Well I can't tell you the link because I am working on it and I didn't want to gain any viewers while it's in the progress or people at least knowing what I'm doing... So is there another way I can give you the link? Please respond asap! Thanks!

catrina
If you don't want viewers to see the site while it's in progress, you can install and activate this plugin: http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/ultimate-coming-soon-page/. The site will only be visible to you (and anyone else who is logged in). You can private message me the log-in information so that I can view it.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

sedique
Well, I really don't want anyone to know about the site at the moment, and I don't want anyone being able to find the conversation noticing that my site is a WP site...? Do you really need the link? Maybe I can send you the link through an email?

catrina
In forum private message you can include the URL and log-in information. Moderators can't help very much if there isn't a link to look at.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

sedique
Where is the private messaging? I can send you the link through there?

catrina
You can click on my username and on the right side there should be a link for sending a message.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

sedique
Ok so I sent it to you... but never responded. So what's the next step?

catrina
I received your message. Try adding this CSS: [code]div.brandnav-nav.main_nav fix (margin-top: -5px;)[/code] To move the navigation up higher, use a higher negative value (i.e. -10px, -15px, etc.)

Designer | Catrina Dulay

sedique
Oh ok. Let me try that. __________________ Well I guess it works! Thanks for the help! :D