Sign in to follow this  
gaultmarketing

how to hide highlight section by default on blog posts

gaultmarketing

I've tried to hide the highlight section by default in Pagelines in pages and in blog posts, but the option to hide it does not appear. All it says is "There are no settings in this template area." The option to hide the highlight by default appears on the Tag template, Archive template, etc... but not "Blog Post". I don't want to manually hide it on every post I don't have a highlight for. Help, please?

catrina

I think you can use CSS to hide the highlight area in specifically single blog post pages. What theme are you using? PageLines Lite, PageLines Pro for PageLines Framework...?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

gaultmarketing

I have Pagelines Pro. I don't want it to be always hidden on blog posts, only hidden by default so I can allow it on blog posts that I have highlight images for. I think hiding it with CSS wouldn't hide it just by default, it would hide it completely with no way to undo it on a post by post basis... Why can't it be hidden by default in blog posts like it can in other templates?

Danny

Hi, I am not quite sure as to the reason why this is, but there must be a good reason. As all sections when dragged onto the Blog Post template have the same message. I will bring this to the developers attention on your behalf. I have bookmarked this post and when I have more information, I will post here.

Please search our forums, before posting!

gaultmarketing

Thanks a bunch. I can give the login, etc if they need to take a look at the site directly to assess the problem. Just e-mail at gaultmarketing AT gmail.com

Rob

I've looked at this same issue on my site. You're right. In Blog Post the Highlight doesn't have the same options it has in other templates. As Danny points out, there must be a reason, which on the surface, seems inexplicable. I've added a request to fix this issue.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

gaultmarketing

Thanks. I hope that they can get this fixed soon. The inability to hide certain sections by default is really a pain and so far, the only real complaint that I have about PL.

wolfgangw

I am interested to have in Blog/Blog Post the same options (Hide This By Default) as it has in other templates. Is there any solution coming up? Are there any answers to this issue to find here?

oksodavid

Hi ragelone & danny, just checked into tracking to see if there was any news on this. I can see there's a note open from: Enhancement #103 - Change to Highlight Section. Here's a classic example of needing this functionality as default; to have a Quickslider available in a post requires it to be enabled globally and then disabled in every post where it's not required.