Sign in to follow this  
davemoppert

Bugs with sections added to Blog Post Content Area

davemoppert

For some reason, when I add the Features and ShareBar sections into the Blog Post Content Area, I cannot see the features Nav or the ShareBar in Firefox or IE. I can see the Features Nav in Safari but still do not see the ShareBar. Here is a screen cap of my settings: Screen-Shot-2012-05-27-at-5.12.36-PM.png You can see the exact page I am trying to troubleshoot here: http://www.bluegianttalent.com/hima-pagidimarri/

davemoppert
There is no meta options to edit the sections inside of the blog post template... but I made sure to look at the Pagelines meta settings for the individual post and it is set to display Feature names for the navigation mode... The template has to be assigned to a Blog Post because I need to be able to find talent based on assigned categories (male, female, actor, model, etc)

Danny
Hi Dave, I have just added the Features slider section to a post on my test environment and I am able to see the feature nav on all browsers. Therefore, would it be possible to disable all active plug-ins and see if this resolves your issue. Could you also reply and inform us how you have setup the Features please, so we can try to recreate the issue.

Please search our forums, before posting!

davemoppert
Hey Danny, Can I grant you access to the backend so you can see how things are setup? I am going to deactivate plugins and see if it fixes anything.

Rob
Dave, we can schedule a screen sharing session. I'm in the US, East Coast - EDT. What time zone are you in?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Rob
On the page provided, I am in fact, seeing the div for the features navigation. Did you make sure that on the features or the page you have the meta settings set up to show a particular navigation mode?

davemoppert
Yes. We set the settings in the meta pane, but still having issues. I think we pinpointed the issue to the pagelines carousel... I am in MST and am available now or we can set up a time. Let me know. Thanks for your help!

Rob
Dave, let's do Noon, EDT if that's good with you. Let me know. Also, edit your reply and remove your phone and email because these forums are public and searchable on Google. If you want, send it to me via the Inbox above.

davemoppert
Just sent you a message... unfortunately, I can't edit my last post to remove my contact info... Will 1 work for you tomorrow? I got another meeting that I will be in at noon...

Danny
Hi Dave, I've removed your contact information for you. I recommend you send Rob a PM in the forums about the screen share time.

davemoppert
Rob - Thanks for taking time today to do a screencast with me. I followed your advice about retooling the features, so that the content is in the content area instead of the Flash/HTML area. I also set up each nav to instead upload a background image instead for the headshot, and re-tooled the CSS so that the content area took up more space for my slides. Unfortunately, I still have the problem with the Featured Nav not showing up in FF or IE. I have a sneaking suspicion that it has something to do with the Carousel on the page. For some reason, when I remove the carousel from the more foot area, the Featured Nav re-appears. The carousel seems to also be effecting the lightbox gallery plugin I have installed. The lightbox works in Safari and Chrome but not in FF or IE. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

davemoppert
BTW - I went through and deactivated all of the plugins I have installed (except for the page lines sections plugin). Still having this problem. :(

Rob
Dave, I'm going to write this up as a bug report. Can you use the Inbox above and send me login details, or email them to me? Thanks.

davemoppert
Something else I am noticing as well -- I get a 'Comments are Closed' when I try to add a comment on blog posts. This error happens only when the features section is assigned to the Blog Post Content Area in the template. When I remove the features section (or hide this section) from the blog post page, I can leave comments without any issue... I will send you login credentials. Thanks for your help!!! - Dave

catrina
Strange. Thanks for posting that issue, as well. There is also no comment form either?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

davemoppert
No, the form is there, but when I submit a comment I get an error page that says "Sorry, comments are closed for this item."

Danny
Hi Dave, If the screenshot above is what your Blog Post template looks like, then you do not have the Comments section active.

davemoppert
Yeah, I added the comments section to the Active Sections just after ShareBar. My client wanted the ability to comment on posts as well. [img]http://www.bluegianttalent.com/wp-content/uploads/screencap.png[/img]

Jenny
The ShareBar is showing up so I assume you got that fixed? The Feature Nav is in the site's HTML, but doesn't have any content in it. Have you set up the Feature Nav type (i.e thumbs, text, etc)?

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

davemoppert
Nope. The Sharebar has always been there. My problem is the Feature Nav is not displaying in Firefox or IE but does display in Chrome and Safari. The settings in the backend are correct. I think it has to do with the Features and Carousel on the same page. I am stumped, but luckily Rob and team are looking into it.

Rob
Dave, I've sent an email to Simon to ask him to login and check things out. However, I just noticed that "jQuery Lightbox For Native Galleries" dates from 2010 and hasn't been updated by it's author. One user has noted it as broken in WP 3.3.2. It's not a good idea to use an outdated plugin, particularly one that is using jQuery, as that can cause conflicts with things like the Carousel and Feature Slider (both of which are based on jQuery). I'd suggest deactivating that and seeing if the problem resolves. I found this lightbox plugin, but did not test it and have no idea if it is compatible with PageLines. http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/lightbox-pop/ There are many similar to it. Apologies for the delay. It was purely scheduling conflicts and not forgetting your important topic.