Sign in to follow this  
iamtheeverydaygirl

Comments not working

iamtheeverydaygirl

Hi -- I'm just realizing that on my website the comments are not working. After you click "post comment" it says "sorry, comments are closed." I' pretty sure everything is checked right under Settings>Discussion. I also uninstalled each plug in I'm using to make sure nothing is conflicting. Is there something else I should be doing ... ?

iamtheeverydaygirl
Here's a link to an article -- http://www.iamtheeverydaygirl.com/?p=3189 Thanks for your help!

catrina
Did you check your Discussion settings on the left side of the Dashboard (it's a default WordPress setting, not a PlatformPro setting)?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

iamtheeverydaygirl
Yes -- that's what I meant when I said everything looks good under the Settings>Discussion section. [img]http://i1137.photobucket.com/albums/n508/bristerjen/screencapture.jpg[/img] I'm going to try to include a screen capture of my settings so you can double check. IS there a platformpro setting I should also be checking?

catrina
In your template settings, is the comments section enabled in the single post template?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

iamtheeverydaygirl
Under Pagelines > Templates > Content Area > Blog Posts > Blog Post the comments are enabled and in the "active sections". Is that the single post template you're referring to? I'm not sure ...

Rob
Just tried to leave a comment for the Smores Tini and saw the same message. The only thing I can think of is that the 3rd line down in the WP settings for discussion refers to "new articles". I don't know if that prohibits someone from posting to older articles. I'd suggest changing to Disqus or Livefyre and see if they work. I don't believe PageLines is affecting this in any way. If you'd like, we can schedule a screen share for me to inspect some of the possible options. Let me know.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

iamtheeverydaygirl
Great idea -- I added a comment plugin and it works great. I'm happy w/ that!! Thanks SO much for the help!

Rob
Great. Anytime.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur