Sign in to follow this  
njumara

How to get background image to work?

njumara

I can't get the background image to show up. I've gone through the other posts in the forum and: -tried deactivating plugins -tried uploading background image in color control -tried uploading on individual pages -have set "Page Background (Optional)" to blank (nothing is entered) -set to content width page -checked supersize image I couldn't find an answer that works in the other forum posts. Any ideas?

njumara
as an amendment, the background image is showing up on all single pages. It is not showing up on the homepage or on posts pages

njumara
Here's another update: When I remove the Carousel from the template for blog post the background image will appear. When I put it back, the background image disappears. But: When I take the carousel off of the homepage, the background image still doesn't appear. Maybe the answer is in there somewhere... regardless, I'd like to have a background image and a carousel on the same page.

Danny
Hi, How are you adding your background to your website, as background images do work out of the box with PageLines Framework and there has been no reported bug. Are you sure you disabled all active plug-ins and any custom code added to your site? How are you using the Carousel section, which setting are you using i.e. NextGen, Flickr etc...

Please search our forums, before posting!

njumara
Hi Danny, Here's what I've done: I have disabled all plugins: BG still doesn't show. I have no custom code under: Pagelines > Settings > Custom Code > body{} I have base them 1.0.2 installed with no custom edits in the style.css sheet (I don't touch any of the others) I am using the carousel set to post thumbnails. Are they too large? Really not sure how to fix this....

njumara
I asked about the thumbnails being too large because something else strange is happening when I use a category page. The images placed in the list view of a category page are the full size of the featured image I set in the post? Shouldn't they be the size I assigned in Wordpress Media Settings? Is this causing the problem somewhere?

Danny
Hi, As a test can you please disable all non-core sections and plug-ins and see if this resolves the issue. If it doesn't can you please keep all these sections/plug-ins disabled and reply here informing us that you have done so. Basically, you have something on your Homepage be it a section, plug-in or custom code that is causing the supersized background to not function.

njumara
Thanks for help Danny. It was loopstack, I had to deactivate and sign in and out of wordpress, clear browsers, etc. to get it to work. I had tried it last week and it wasn't causing the problem I'll contact Adam Munns and see if he has a fix for it. Thanks again for your help.

Danny
No problem, happy to hear the issue is now resolved. Thanks for informing us!