Sign in to follow this  
boryeongmud

Change box sizes

boryeongmud

Hi, Is it possible to change the size of boxes? I would like to have three boxes with different sizes. Thanks!

catrina
Yes, it's possible. You can change the sizes using custom CSS added to Custom Code > Custom CSS in your theme settings. To get the CSS you need, you can use Firebug and follow the instructions in this documentation (the instructions are at the bottom): http://www.pagelines.com/wiki/Custom_CSS

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

boryeongmud
Thanks catrina. But the boxes have same div class. How can I have different width for all boxes? Thanks.

Danny
Hi, You can add a custom class to a box, simply go to your Wordpress Admin Dashboard > Boxes > Select a Box and then scroll down to the PageLines Boxes Settings and you should see an option called "Boxes Custom Class".

Please search our forums, before posting!

boryeongmud
Hi, I was able to reduce the width of boxes, but I can't increase the width. I would like the box in the middle to have a larger width and reduce the padding between the first and the second boxes. Is this something possible and if so, what should I do? Thanks!

boryeongmud
I would like to increase the width of the middle box. I used grid-element pp3 img_grid {width: 500px} The website is http://www.boryeongmudfestival.com

catrina
Try this CSS (there can't be spaces in the CSS selector and there needs to be a period before it): [code]div.grid-element.pp3.img_grid {width: 500px}[/code]

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

boryeongmud
catrina I doesn't work. Do you have any other advice?

catrina
Oops. I forgot something. Here: [code]div.grid-element.pp3.img_grid {width: 500px;}[/code]

Designer | Catrina Dulay

boryeongmud
I didn't work either. Any other help?

boryeongmud
Box widths are set under
or
as .pp3 {width: 31.3333%;}. How do I override these? Boxes are under
And I would like them to have 20%, 50%, 20% width. Thanks!

Danny
Hi, I have just been playing with Boxes, trying to get them to work the way you want them and unfortunately, I was unable to change the width of the boxes. As it is already set above where you would add the custom class. I think best the alternative would be for you to use the grid system, you can see a discussion here, about the grid. http://www.pagelines.com/forum/discussion/18546/what-is-the-underlying-grid-system-for-framework-2/p1

Please search our forums, before posting!