Sign in to follow this  
Jon Barrett

Boxes Stopped Working Correctly

Jon Barrett

Hi, something strange happened to one of my client's websites - http://www.contractorsfromhell.com/ As of Monday, the boxes on the home page now show the same thing in both boxes. There are 2 boxes that exist - one was a video, the 2nd is the text and form which you see twice on the page right now. The settings all look ok - there are only 2 boxes in the "Boxes" section, both in the same category, and the code is different in each box. The page settings are set to show that box category, and up until this week it has been working fine for about 6 months. Any ideas what could cause that? I've never seen that happen before. Could the site have been hacked and had some code get messed up? It's quite bizarre. Any suggestions or ideas? Thanks!

Rob
Nice site! I am unsure why the 2nd box is repeating the first, rather than displaying the expected video. Are you using a plugin for the video or just code? One option might be that if it's a plugin and that's broken or deprecated, the box is set up to pick up content from a source so it's going to get that as often as there are boxes in the same set. Another option might be that the video source changed somehow.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Jon Barrett
Hi, thanks for the reply! We are not using a plugin for the video box, and in fact I can delete everything in the box or put in just some text, and it still will only show the 2 form boxes. So there's not an issue with the video code or any of the code in that box itself. I'll try deactivating all of the plugins and see if that makes a difference. There's also a chance she's having an issue with her server or maybe someone hacked the code. Any other ideas are welcome!! Thanks again!