Sign in to follow this  
jeff@sargetv.com

Homepage Featured Images

jeff@sargetv.com

I just purchased and installed Pagelines. I want to put featured images into the homepage feature slider of the default install. The docs tell me how to create a page and put in featured images, but not how to do it on the home page. Any ideas? thanks, Jeff

Rob
Jeff, If you have added the Features to the appropriate template for your homepage (usually Default), the slider should appear. Did you add Features or QuickSlide? If Features, then you may add slides via Dashboard > Features > Features making sure each slide is associated with the feature set (usually default-set). You may replace the existing slides there and add new ones. Make sure your slides are set in the background option there.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

jeff@sargetv.com
The Feature slider was there on the homepage when I activated the theme. I'm confused as to which template the homepage uses when first installed. If I look at the Template|default in the template menu, I don't see a feature box in any of the sections, so I assume the homepage is not using that. I've created a Feature set, I'm having trouble with how to assign it. thanks, Jeff

Rob
Jeff, try the looking in Dashboard > PageLines > Meta and clicking "Site Defaults" then Features. There's an option there to set the height and to select the feature set.

Rob
You'll find more info here: http://www.pagelines.com/wiki/How_to_Use_Site_Defaults

jeff@sargetv.com
thanks for your help. I found the problem. The Feature Image box that's on the default homepage when you activate Pagelines for the first time is the QuickSlider. What is the difference between the QuickSlider and the Feature image slider? thanks, Jeff

Danny
Hi Jeff, The Quick Slider has been designed to get a Slider up on your website as fast as possible and has few options, but looks nice. The Feature Slider gives you a lot more control, it comes down to taste in my opinion.

Please search our forums, before posting!

jeff@sargetv.com
got it. thanks. What I like about the quick slider is, is that it doesn't take up the entire width of the screen. The Feature slider spans the entire width. Is there a way to keep the feature slider from pushing the right sidebar down and taking up the entier width of the site? jeff

Jenny
You have to put the slider in the actual "content area" template, not the "content" template. Then it will sit next to the sidebar. :)

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.