Sign in to follow this  
cmodesign

Styling the Search box

cmodesign

I am trying to style the default Search box. I am using PlatformPro v1.3.2. The Search box is a dull grey and the input text is almost illegible. I am trying to give the box a light background but nothing seems to work. I've tried the base.css, theme.css, and the Custom Code field within the PlatformPro WordPress interface. I've even tried the Design Control > Primary Site Element Colors, but that doesn't do anything either.

Danny
Hi, The version of Platform Pro you mention is out of date, the current version is 1.5.3. I highly recommend you update to this version. Backup any custom code, CSS you may have added before performing an update. This is just a precaution. Also when adding custom code, please either use the custom Code settings area or the child theme Base style.css. Do not edit core files unless you know what you're doing. To change the color of your search form, add the code to either your Base child theme style.css or the CSS Rules in Custom Settings. [code].searchform .searchfield { border: 1px solid green; background-color: orange; color: red; }[/code] Simply change the colors above to your desired choice!

Please search our forums, before posting!

cmodesign
The code above does NOT work for the old version of PlatformPro [b]v1.3.2[/b] but it DOES work for the new [b]v1.5.3[/b] so I guess the solution is to upgrade and use [i]Custom CSS[/i] from the WP Dashboard. Thx for the help.

Rob
With PlatformPro 1.5.3 installed on your site, you'll also need PlatformBase 1.4.1, which is also available via your LaunchPad. PlatformBase should be the activated theme.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur