Sign in to follow this  
petere21

Carousel doesnt see product categories

petere21

I try to use jigoshop with pagelines framework integration but I cannot setup carousel to see product categories which are predefined in shop. I cannot integrate it (use carousels) without this. Could someone help me?

petere21
My pagelines see just standard categories not categories which are used for products. I cannot use carousel without this.

Danny
Hi Peter, Are you trying to use the PageLines Carousel with JigoShop products ?

Please search our forums, before posting!

petere21
sure it is fully integrated it works I can make a lot but - just carousell category doesnt see product category of jigoshop

Danny
Hi Peter, This is as far as I am aware because JigoShop is classed as a Custom Post Type. So the Carousel doesn't support JigoShop products. However, it is really cool idea, therefore I have added this to the PageLines Tracker as a feature enhancement on your behalf.

petere21
There is no chance to speak about integration if you cannot use the most important thing for eshop - carousel navigation. /related products/ If you use carousel without this categories the effect will be just mish mash and chaos for customers :-( I thought it is a bag at first. Now we try to hack it.

Danny
Hi Peter, The PageLines/JigoShop integration plug-in simply styles JigoShop to work with PageLines Framework. If JigoShop has a carousel plug-in or shortcode then it should work. The PageLines Carousel section works with the following: ??? Post Thumbnails (Posts) ??? Flickr ??? NextGen Gallery ??? Hook "pagelines_carousel_list" The Section doesn't at this moment in time, support custom post types or JigoShop, that is why I have added it to the PageLines Tracker.

fintan
Hi For anyone interested, found a workaround to use the Pagelines carousel to link to Jigoshop pages - through NextGen Gallery. First use NextGen Gallery to manage your product images instead of the WP Media way (just to save uploading images twice!) Then install [url="http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/nextgen-gallery-custom-fields/"]NextGEN Custom Fields[/url] plugin and create a custom field called 'Link' (there's a handy tutorial [url="http://www.kimwoodbridge.com/nextgen-custom-fields-plugin-add-more-information-about-an-image-in-the-nextgen-gallery/"]here[/url] - [b]Just steps 1 to 9[/b]) Then edit the file: /themes/pagelines/sections/carousel/gallery-plcarousel.php On line 23 change: [code]imageURL ?>[/code] for: [code]ngg_custom_fields["Link"]; ?>[/code] Worked for me! I'm not by any means a code jockey, just an meddler riding my luck so keep a copy of the original file and test for yourself before using - and of course next time you upgrade Pagelines it will be overwritten so keep a copy of the new file too. Cheers -- Fintan

Jenny
Thanks for the info Fintan!

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

fintan
IMPORTANT Correction on my comment above - [b]Dont[/b] use NextGen Gallery for managing Jigoshop Images as the images won't enlarge on the product pages - dang - so if you want to use my workaround it means uploading images twice :(

Danny
Thanks for informing us, we appreciate it.