Sign in to follow this  
christiaann

Full background image websites

christiaann

Hi Everyone I've been using Platform Pro for a while now and it's great. Very easy to use. Been trying to find a way to do a full-page background image that stays static(ie. doesn't move when scrollbar is used) - only the content of the page moves over the background image. . . Found many great sites that do this here... http://inspirationfeed.com/inspiration/websites-inspiration/50-remarkable-websites-with-full-screen-backgrounds/ But there are many others, I need to use it as I believe it would greatly enhance the look of my site. Anyone have an example of such a page built by PP? Many thanks!!! C

Rob
I'm not sure if you know, but PageLines Framework has that built in, with background super-size as an option to stretch an image responsively to any screen resolution. Have you considered upgrading?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

christiaann
Is PageLines Framework different from Platform Pro - I bought the Platform Pro from pagelines. It has an option to add a background image and I can then remove the header and footer etc to make it look more like the pages in the examples but what I would like to do is to have my current site just with one big background behind the pages, and it should be an image and it should not move when I scroll down the page - have a look also at http://www.urbancrew.co.za/?id=63 Does framework allow for something like this? Many thanks by the way!

catrina
Yes, PageLines Framework is different from PlatformPro. PageLines Framework is a Framework and PageLines Pro is the theme for that Framework (for more specifics on the differences, please see this documentation: http://www.pagelines.com/wiki/PageLines_Framework_vs._PlatformPro). It's possible to do what you're trying to accomplish. The background image just needs to be implemented as fixed and it needs to be "supersized" in the settings.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

christiaann
Hi catrina Many thanks for the reply and the info - when you say that What i'm trying to do is possible, do you mean it is possible with Platform Pro or only with Framework?

christiaann
Ookay - I'm behind the times it seems - I've already been given the upgrade by pagelines but I need to update the site - so gimme a couple of days and I'll see what happens - many thanks all

Danny
Hi Christiaann, You can have a full image for your websites background using Platform Pro. However, it will not be responsive like in PageLines Framework using the Supersize setting. Simply add the link to your image to the code below and add this code to your CSS Rules in PlatformPro > Settings > Custom Code: [code]body {background: url(link to image goes here) fixed no-repeat;}[/code] It is highly recommended to upgrade to PageLines Framework, due to the amount of features, functionality and options at your disposal in comparison to Platform Pro.

Please search our forums, before posting!