Sign in to follow this  
cillablay

My Sidebar does not show the wigdets. What am I doing wrong?

cillablay

I have three text widgets in the primary side bar. They were showing up alright until about 1pm today(GMT) I am really frustrated I have been working on getting this to show without bothering anyone on the forum with no joy. here is the screen shot of the widget section of the dashboard. %7Boption%7D Um ok I dont know how to do that, but I can send you my log in details

Rob
First, I hope you are able to relax a bit. To send the image, upload the image to your site or another site like imgur.com. Then, just paste the URL for the image here between the img tags. Where are the text widgets supposed to be on your site. Next, it's no bother to us about posting questions in the forum. That's why we're here and moderated every day - to help.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Rob
What happened at 1PM GMT? Did someone add any new plugins? Perhaps an older plugin ceased working. Sometimes that happens and causes "mystery" problems. Rest assured, we'll get you the help we need.

cillablay
We removed wordpress e commerce and pointed our products page to a different wordpress site. Could that be it? Here is the widget screen showing the 3 text widgets [img]http://primalashes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Screen-Shot-2012-05-20-at-10.14.25.png[/img] and the code in one of the widgets [img]http://primalashes.com/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/Screen-Shot-2012-05-20-at-10.14.46.png[/img] Thank you for your help

Danny
Hi, Can you disable all active plug-ins and see if your issue is resolved please.

Please search our forums, before posting!

cillablay
I did nothing happened. What do I do now please?

Rob
In your template, do you have the Primary Sidebar added properly? Go to Dashboard > PlatformPro > Template Setup and using the drop down list, select Sidebar 1. There should be a drag and drop there. Make sure Primary Sidebar is there and that it is not hidden by default. To check this last point, click on "Advanced Settings".

cillablay
OMG It is not working. I really do not know what I have done wrong. All the widgets are now disabled and the sidebar 1 is set as the primary sidebar and there are no hidden features ticked. The widgets contain my summer offers. Please help :(

Jenny
You need to correct the HTML in your text widgets. You're missing a >. Any HTML errors will throw off the entire site.

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.

cillablay
Simple Mama, you are a star. That worked!. So happy. A BIG THANK YOU. You have free lashes at Primalashes whenever you are in London. We are the Best!