Sign in to follow this  
bsaul

4 clips per row in Magazine layout + show date

bsaul

OK - I've searched and searched but cannot find out which file to edit in order to show 4 clips per row in the magazine layout for archives, categories, etc. If anyone can help on this, it would be much appreciated. And also, I'd like to add the date - adding this to the Configure Clip Metabar does not show it. Thank you (I will master this theme one day!)

bsaul

Thanks Catrina And one day I will ask the right questions too ;-) Can anyone point me to the file in which the clips per row is defined? Then I can copy that into the base theme? I ask because this was possible and the code provided some time ago when it was PlatformPro, but I cannot find that code in the PageLines files.

Danny

Hi, You will need to edit the class.posts.php on the following lines. Line 21 - Replace 2 with 4

$this->clipcount = 2; // The number of clips in a row
Line 133 & 134 - Replace 2 with 4
$clip_row_start = ( $this->clipcount % 2 == 0 ) ? true : false;
	$clip_right = ( ( $this->clipcount+1 ) % 2 == 0 ) ? true : false;
The add the following to your custom CSS.
#pagelines_content .clip {
	width: 25%;
	}

Please bear in mind, that this was a quick test and I had it working. However, there may be a better way to do this. So I would recommend you contact on of the PageLines Pros. http://www.pagelines.com/pros/

Please search our forums, before posting!

bsaul

Thanks Danny I'll test this out and update here too. Have tried to contact the first Pro - no answer, so will try the next one if this doesn't work. Babs

jomafilms

Thanks, Danny. I needed to add 4 columns as well, and it worked great. Is there a way to do this in the child theme without editing the core include file?

bsaul

Just thought I should update that the above works a treat - just have to remember to update the file after each update (until the option to action in the child theme is available)