Sign in to follow this  
ashiq

Mobile View Enable/Disable feature not working

ashiq

Hello Everyone, I have done a this site http:www.elim4yeovil.com but the mobile view option is not working at all. I have checked and unchecked the 'Disable Mobile View' option in settings to see if it makes any difference, but the site remains the same in mobile devices as in desktop. I have also tried to do the same thing on another very basic site which has no plugins installed (www.ukchristiancharity.org) but there is no change on that either. can some one please help? Many thanks.

Danny
Hi ashiq, I have just tested this on my iphone and it appears to be working just fine on my end. When you have it enabled and disabled what is actually happening? When I have it active the site appears in the mobile optimised layout/view mode, when disabled the site looks like it would on a Desktop PC/Laptop. Meaning I have to zoom in, in order to read content etc.. Would it be possible to take screenshots please so we can see what you're experiencing.

Please search our forums, before posting!

ashiq
Hi Danny, Many thanks for the reply. I have unchecked 'Disable mobile view' on both the sites but when I load up the site, its similar to that on desktop. I am under the impression that, if the site is mobile optimised, when loaded in a mobile browser, it will show a mobile version of the site which can be viewed without zooming out, am I correct? I am attaching the screenshot of the above two sites for you to check. In this examples the site 'www.ukchristiancharity.org' is very basic and there are no plugins as yet. thanks for your valuable help, [url]http://getmedigital.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/photo.png[/url] [url]http://getmedigital.org/wp-content/uploads/2012/05/photo-1.png[/url]

Jenny
The site will display properly on a mobile browser either way. Unchecking or checking the box doesn't really change much. I assume you're talking about how sites look completely different on mobile with different menus, text, etc. If you want that, you will most likely need to install a plugin and design a completely different looking mobile site. Disabling the mobile optimized view (which is what I do) makes the site fill the screen on a mobile browser. From there you can zoom in/out to look at whatever you want. To further change things, you can use the Browser Specific CSS PageLines plugin and write custom CSS code for each browser, but that's up to you. :)

Jenny :: Web designer at Simple Mama (follow me at @simplemamacom)

Check out Share Me, a social sharing add-on for DMS that is super simple to set up.