Sign in to follow this  
laurenp

Multiple links on feature slider

laurenp

Hi there, I'm in the process of designing a site that I will build using the framework. I'd like to have 2 buttons on my slider- "more info" and "book now". Is there any easy way i can program this in or is it just not possible? Also not sure if anyone has suggested it but it would be cool if the thumbnail option for the slider nav could be dynamically resized from the main image - would save alot of time. cheers!

catrina
Will this "More Info" button lead to one slide and the "Book Now" button lead to another slide? If so, I don't know if this is possible but it sounds like a customization that is better suited for a Pro: http://www.pagelines.com/pros Also, by "dynamically resized from the main image" do you meant you just want the thumbnails to have a resizing option?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

laurenp
Hi Catrina, Not quite. I mean that each single feature slide would have an additional button on it (currently the framework only allows for one) and they will each go to a different location. I'll look at getting a quote from the pros for it - had hoped it was something I could maybe do as it's essentially just duplicating an existing function. RE the images I mean that when I upload an image for the feature slider, it would be great to have the option for a thumbnail version of the image to be dynamically generated to be used as the navigation. Currently you have to manually upload a thumbnail image so if I want the "icon" to just be a smaller version of the image then it needs to be resized separately. Just wanting to keep things simple for my client that will be doing the updates.

Danny
Hi Lauren, If you wish to have a second button on your Feature Slider, I think the best course of action would be to contact on of the Pros. The Auto Image thumbnail to be used on the thumb navigation isn't possible "Out of Box" either unfortunately. Therefore, if you do decide to contact one of the Pros, maybe ask about this too. Therefore, I have added both enquires to the PageLines Tracker as Feature Enhancements on your behalf, both suggestions are cool ideas.

Please search our forums, before posting!

Danny
@laurenp The auto creation of thumbnails for Feature sliders when using the Thumbnail navigation will be added to the next update! :D

Please search our forums, before posting!