Sign in to follow this  
scottimpactyourcompanycom

Making a page the blog post page

I have set up a page actually called the blog page here- http://blazemarketinginc.com/blog The problem is that if/when I write blog posts, it won't show up on this page. How do I designate this page as the blog post page? Thanks, Scott

kellylazarus

Hi Scott, This is really more of a Wordpress question but the answer is straight-forward: In the Admin panel, select "Settings >> Reading" from the menu on the lower-left side of the page. You'll notice a setting at the top called "Front page displays." Select the appropriate page for the "Front page:" setting and be sure to select the "Blog" page for the "Posts page:" setting. Setting the Posts page to Blog will tell WP to insert your posts on the link you put in your post. Hope this helps.

Thanks, Kelly. I've done what you suggested...and the posts now show on the blog page. But the page also now displays the main feature box. Not sure why it would do that. http://blazemarketinginc.com/blog As an fyi...my home page is a page called home, and it's set to that on the Settings->Reading page. How can I make the main feature box disappear now from the blog page? Thanks!

wp101

Scott, go to Theme options -> Pages and posts, look for "Show feature template on posts page?" and uncheck it (if it is checked). Let me know how that works please.

Awesome. Works great, Talha.. thanks!