Sign in to follow this  
tandan

category posting excerpt display

tandan

Hi there, how do I modify the layout of the excerpt for a category posting? it just defaulted to this when I set it up: BcVKq.png and I would like it to be the width of the post area all the way to the sidebar... thanks!! tan

Rob
Tan, Any dynamic pages (blog, category, search results, archives, etc.) will display posts based on the selection of full-width or magazine layouts. Which option did you select? Full width or magazine layout?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

tandan
hi rangelone, i didn't select either...where can i do this? is this because it's a post category? the general blog page is appearing properly on default... also, on this note, is there any way to NOT post a category to the general blog page? thanks so much! tan

Rob
Tan, It would appear then, that the default Magazine Mode is selected. Go to Dashboard > PageLines > Settings > Blogs And Posts and at the top there are two options under "Select Post Layout Mode". Select Blog Layout Mode. That will make all dynamic pages full width with no magazine mode (two column posts). It's not because of Post-Category. This won't affect any full-width page but it will affect any magazine mode pages. On your last question, there may be plugins to exclude categories from the loop. I don't know of any off hand. You might want to search for that at http://www.wordpress.org/extend/plugins

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur