Sign in to follow this  
theoptimystic

link in the header

theoptimystic

Hi there, I have a shopping cart image I would like to add to my header. Ideally I'd like it in the upper right hand corner or even next to the social media icons would be fine. Can you tell me how I can do this. Currently the shopping cart image I am referencing is at the bottom of the site in the footer. Thanks, Lu

catrina
You can add the image using a hook added to the functions.php file in the child theme PlatformBase (not PlatformPro). Instructions on how to implement a hook are here: http://www.pagelines.com/docs/base-child-theme. First, you'll need to make sure that you have PlatformBase installed and activated and PlatformPro deactivated. A list of available hooks is here: http://api.pagelines.com/hooks In your case, you'd probably need this hook: pagelines_before_branding_icons The position of the shopping cart image will need to be put inside a DIV layer (like in the example below) and controlled using CSS: http://w3schools.com/css/default.asp (More specifically, using the margin property, which is listed on the left side) [code]
[/code]

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

theoptimystic
That seemed a little too advanced for me so I googled some stuff....downloaded the plugin Pagelines Customize and add this code to the plugin's file- pagelines-customize/functions.php add_action('pagelines_before_branding_icons','custom_link'); function custom_link(){ ?>

Danny
HI Lu, Replace the custom code you have added to the functions.php file with this: [code]add_action('pagelines_before_branding_icons','custom_link'); function custom_link(){ ?>

Please search our forums, before posting!

theoptimystic
YES! okay, great....now....how can I get it on the same line as the social media icons? Ideally I'd like it to the left of the facebook icon. Here's my css so far: .cart-link img { float:right; width:50px; height:50px; } Thanks again, Lu http://thinkwithyourheart.com/

theoptimystic
or on top of social icons would also be ideal.

theoptimystic
Also I noticed that when I am logged out of wordpress the cart still appears big on the left side on the homepage & membership page.

theoptimystic
OK....scratch all that above....here's where I am. Why, when I am logged out of pagelines, does the cart not update? It appears large and to the left on home page and members page...AND the link did not update so it is going ot the wrong place on all pages. When I'm logged in it looks and links perfectly. This is not first time I've had a discrepancy with being logged in versus logged out. Please advise. Thanks again! Lu

Simon
You are using an aggressive page cache, do you have it configured to not cache logged in users? If you make changes remember to purge the cache and check what it looks like logged out in another browser that is logged out. Developing any site with caches installed is not advised for this reason. An aggressive cache should only be deployed as a last resort and after all dev work is finished.

theoptimystic
I'm not sure what this means exactly. I didn't do anything cache related to the pagelines theme. I am using it as I installed it. Can you just tell me how to fix the problem? Do I hit "delete cache" at top of dashboard? Do I uninstall something? thanks

Simon
You are using WP-Super-Cache to cache all your pages. Its nothing theme/framework related.

theoptimystic
got it! Not sure how that got there...i deactivated it and site is showing fine noe, thanks.