Sign in to follow this  
harryfear

WhiteHousePro footer

harryfear

In the footer there is the following code:

<div class="fcol">
							<div class="fcol_pad">
								<h3><?php _e('Pages',TDOMAIN);?></h3>
									<?php wp_nav_menu( array( 'container_class' => '', 'container' => null, 'menu_class' => 'footer_nav','theme_location' => 'footer_nav' ) ); ?>
							</div>
						</div>
						<div class="fcol">
							<div class="fcol_pad">
								<h3><?php _e('Stay In Touch',TDOMAIN);?></h3>
									<?php wp_nav_menu( array( 'container_class' => '', 'container' => null, 'menu_class' => 'footer_nav','theme_location' => 'footer_social' ) ); ?>
							</div>
						</div>

Despite the fact that the first and second column seem to be being fed different dynamic content, the second column (Stay in touch) has the same content as the first column (list of posts). Please help :(

wp101

Hey Harry, Do you have a link please? I'd like to see the problem in action before suggesting anything. Thanks

cmunns

This may be because of the WP3.0 menus. These are two locations enabled for menus. Try just creating a couple custom menus for each location to change the links

glassbrige

Hey Adam, I've followed your above advice and added a menu "News" and linked it with "Footer Social Links". I've added the post category "media centre" to the menu "news", however now the "Stay In Touch" part of the template only shows a single link for "Media Centre", instead of all the most recent articles of category "Media Centre". Can you recommend a plugin to resolve this, or am I fresh out of luck without delving into mountains of php? Thanks, Alistair Cohen

cmunns

If you want you could replace the "Stay in Touch" portion with this snippet ` <?php query_posts('category_name=wordpress&showposts=5'); ?> <?php while (have_posts()) : the_post(); ?> <?php the_title(); ?> <?php endwhile; ?> ` and even rename it to Recent Posts or something like that. All you're replacing would be this bit, `<?php wp_nav_menu( array( 'container_class' => '', 'container' => null, 'menu_class' => 'footer_nav','theme_location' => 'footer_social' ) ); ?>`

artbuilders

cmuns, Should work but you still need to wrap it in ul tags

cmunns

Douglas great catch! You are right it won't validate without the UL's