Sign in to follow this  
hustlerbank555

Footer with logos and brands

hustlerbank555

Hi all, A simple question for the code guys and girls in here.. How do i get a footer like this http://triathlon.competitor.com/2012/04/news/triathlete-magazine-swimsuit-photo-shoot-this-week_51551 With the shady effect and all.. I would love a peace of code that would just fit right in to the "add custom code" field, where the only thing i need is to change the logos, and links.. Please advice. Martin

WebWerx
@hustlerbank555 (Martin): The first row is comprised of 7 clickable images. The second is straight HTML which includes 4 clickable links. If you are familiar with Firebug, you can pull the code the they are using quite easily. You could then use the Footer Columns sidebar, and perhaps a content box. It really depends on how you want to plan things out. I can think of a number of ways to implement things. IT's a bit wonkie as the 2 rows don't contain the same amount of distinct elements.

mackenzie
I would recommend using FireFox with FireBug to take a look at their code for the footer. This will give you an idea of the CSS involved to create the effect and will help you with testing your code. ETA: Looks like we both were typing at the same time :)

Mackenzie - PageLines Help Desk

The Centsible Family - Writer, Photographer and Coffee Addict

---------------------------------------------------

Kindly search this forum and read the documentation before posting. It will help you resolve many issues.

For CSS help be sure to check out W3Schools first and be sure to download FireBug for FireFox for troubleshooting.

hustlerbank555
I now have the firebug program, but forgive me, I'm very new to this. I can see the code, but i think I'm missing something. Does any of you have a a-z run trough of what to do... M

WebWerx
@hustlerbank555: Search online for Firebug tutorials. As I said above, this is really more HTML then CSS. I am not a PL Developer. But I would suggest that you contact one of the accredited developers on this site. I have communicated with most of them. And they know their stuff. It may be worth the expense versus muddling about yourself. IMHO.