Sign in to follow this  
ashiq

Pagelines Metapage Settings

ashiq

Hello, I am trying to disable the Pagelines Metapage settings for Posts and Pages for Editors. I went into Pagelines > Settings> Advanced and made the Post/Page meta to minimum level of administrator. But when logged in as an editor I can still see the meta settings for individual posts! I have installed various plugins including adminimize and wondering if any of these may be causing the problem. Any help and advise will be greatly appreciated, many thanks.

catrina
Have you tried deactivating all active plugins to see if problem persists?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

ashiq
Hi Catrina, Its a live site, so will I lose the plugin settings if I deactivate them? I don't want to cause any problem to the site. Is there any other way to trouble shoot and find out the problem?

Rob
Deactivating shouldn't lose any settings. It's a temporary state. Plugins usually write to the database, so their settings remain intact in case you reactivate. There should be no problem deactivating them. Did you make sure you had totally logged out as admin first, closed your browser and restarted the browser before logging in as editor? It's possible the browser still had you as Admin status caught in the browser cache. If you have a cache plugin, make certain to clear it before deactivating.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur