Sign in to follow this  
givememind

Two iBlogPro 5 (lite version) questions. Sidebar and featured

givememind

I've just upgrade to the lite version of iBlogPro5 to try it out before spending the money on frameworks and I have two questions: How do I get rid of that first box, i dont know if its called featured box or something. I don't want it there and can't figure out how to remove it. Also I need to change the sidebar size to fit my 300x250 ad's, before on iBP4 I had this custom code, but not when I put it in the CSS section it's not changing my theme: #fcolumns_container {display: none;} #sidebar1 {width:315px;} #maincontent {width: 610px} body{ color: black; line-height: 22px; font-size: 14px } Please help :)

catrina
Is the first box you're referring to the feature slider with the PageLines leaf logo in the middle, then yes, it can be removed. As for the CSS, iBlogPro 5 and iBlogPro4 CSS differs slightly so the selector you're using (#sidebar1) may not be correct. Try this one instead: #sidebar1 div.scolumn

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

givememind
catrina, Yes how do I remove the feature slider? Also the #sidebar1 ... didn't work. Also I made a mistake before it was the same code I posted above minus the "1" in #sidebar. But either way with or with out that 1 it didn't work. I don't know if it matters I'm using the sidebar titled "Primary Sidebar" in the widget section.

catrina
Add this: [code]#quickslider {display: none;} #sb_primary div.sidebar_widgets.fix {width: #px;}[/code] Also, in this code: [code]body{ color: black; line-height: 22px; font-size: 14px } [/code] You're missing a semicolon after 14px. That may cause the CSS to not work.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

givememind
Thank you the slider is gone. Was I supposed to replace anything in the width: #px; part of that? Sidebar still not working, trying to get it to 315px wide to fit the 300x250 ad spot. Sorry to keep asking just don't know this stuff very well

givememind
[s]Looks like my drop downs aren't working now[/s] Working now

catrina
Yes, you need to replace # with the number of pixels you want the width to be. If that CSS I gave before doesn't work, try: [code]#sidebar1 div.scolumn-pad {width:315px !important;}[/code]

Designer | Catrina Dulay

givememind
Nothing, that just got rid of the line on the side but didn't actually move it over. Does it matter, maybe I have to move the blog entries over by 15px if i'm moving the sidebar over by 15px? Maybe then it will work? idk

catrina
Can you post all of the custom CSS that you have? (There may be something that's causing a conflict)

Designer | Catrina Dulay

givememind
Only thing I have is this guy you just gave me: #quickslider {display: none;}

Rob
Actually, as you're using PageLines Lite with a paid theme, support for this is extremely limited. I'd refer you to the Wiki http://www.pagelines.com/wiki and suggest you consider upgrading to our Pro version of PageLines Framework for full forum support.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

givememind
This discourages me from purchasing the full version

Rob
With any free product, support is limited. We provide full moderated forum support for paid versions. I'm sorry you're discouraged. Our full support is unparalleled among premium theme or framework companies.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur