Sign in to follow this  
joel

How to remove hover effect on Brandnav

joel

I've been searching the forum to find some code to remove the hover effect on the brandnav navigation but nothing seems to work. Any suggestions?

catrina
Try this CSS code: [code]ul#menu-main-menu li#menu-item a:hover {background-color: none;}[/code]

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

joel
Didn't work - Is this because I'm using platform pro and not the new Framework?

catrina
It's the code I gave that isn't working. Try: [code]ul#menu-main-menu li.menu-item a:hover {background-color: #000 !important;}[/code]

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

joel
Okay, that worked! I hate it when code goes and misbehaves like that. So...now what about the dropdown? It still has that hover effect. Thanks!

Danny
Hi Joel, Add this below, this should remove all hover effects on your navigation. [code].sf-menu li li, .sf-menu li li, .sf-menu li li li { background: transparent; } .sf-menu li, .main_nav ul.sf-menu a:focus, .sf-menu a:hover, .sf-menu a:active { background: transparent; } .sf-menu li:hover, .sf-menu li.sfHover { background: transparent; }[/code]

Please search our forums, before posting!

joel
Okay, kinda worked but only on certain menu options...

Rob
Joel, do you have Firebug? It's an amazing tool, an add-on for Firefox. http://www.getfirebug.com. If you use it, select any element you want to inspect and it will show the related CSS. You can also test changes live to see if they work. If they do, just copy/paste the code into your CSS Rules area. Some of the code provided by my colleagues above can be applied easily to any menu elements not yet resolved. I hope that helps.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur