Sign in to follow this  
bauerhaus

Home page quickslider and sidebar question

bauerhaus

On my home page http://bauerhaus.1000-oaks-winery.com/ right now I have the QuickSlider on the left and the sidebar on the right. As the page comes up look at the top of the right sidebar. It hides behind the header and then drops down once the QuickSlider loads. Is there another way to make the sidebar static & seen, so its not hidden the first second while the Quickslider loads? I'm using the latest version of Framework and Wordpress. Right now my Custom CSS reads like this: .home #quickslider {width:690px; margin-left:140px;} .home #column-wrap {display:none;} .home #sidebar-wrap {margin-top:-860px;} Thanks!

Henry Perkins
@bauerhaus Hey! How are you? I think because of the content in that sidebar, it's taking it a bit of time to load -- that is, more time than the rest of your page, with all the social networking icons, maps, event info, and search field. Can you do me a favor and see if a normal, say, recent posts widget behaves the same way if you put it in your primary sidebar? Let me know once you've made that change.

bauerhaus
Hi Henry - I tried what you suggested and the home page sidebar still took awhile to load. I switched the Quickslider back to the Feature slider and it loads normally again. It was definitely the Quickslider loading.