Sign in to follow this  
meanmcbean

Feature Navigation Disappears When Adding Text?

meanmcbean

Hi. I am using four slides on the feature on the Home page-which is my Blog page. When I add text to the first slide, my remaining three slides navigation (the squares) disappear. My Blog page Meta is set to four slides. This only happens when I'm using four slides (weird... when I only have three slides, it works fine. I really want to use text because it is more crisp than placing text on the image in Photoshop). If you go to my site, I'm talking about slide number one. Any suggestions would be helpful. Thanks in advance.

catrina
Try deactivating all active plugins on your site to see if the problem persists.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

meanmcbean
I just tried deactivating my plugins one by one, and didn't work. You can see that I placed text on the one slide you see. There should be three more slides, but the navigation dots don't show??

Henry Perkins
@meanmcbean I'm looking through the HTML of your site with FireBug, and I noticed that the image links to slide 3 and 4 are pointing me to a 404 page. Try "removing" those pictures and then re-upload them in the meta panel for Features. Hope that helps!

meanmcbean
Hi Henry, I just created a new feature set with four new slides in the meta panel for the Blog page. The same thing happens - they all show up, but only if I use no text AT ALL to the first slide. If I put text on the first slide, the navigation for the three remaining slides disappear. Weird??

Rob
On Monday, if you have time, perhaps we can take a look at your process and settings for new slides. What time zone are you in, so we can schedule a screen sharing session.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

meanmcbean
OK, that sounds good. I'm in the Eastern Time zone. Thanks.

Rob
Shall we say 10AM EST then? I will send you a link via the Inbox at the top of this page.

Rob
Let's reschedule then. Let me know when it's best for you today.

meanmcbean
Can we reschedule to 4pm today?

Rob
Yes.

meanmcbean
great. see ya then.

Rob
I must apologize, but it seems I need to take a family member to the doctor. Can we do this at 5:30PM instead? I'm not sure how long this will take me. If I get back earlier, I'll let you know.

meanmcbean
Sure. I'll see you at 5:30pm