Sign in to follow this  
mcookson

Posts not displaying

mcookson

I'm thinking this has to do with page structure, but might be the theme option selected-but, I am not able to figure it out. I have a home page named "Latest Lines" In WP at Appearance > Settings > Reading i have Front page displays setting at: Front page displays - Your latest posts But, this page no longer displays posts, and now reading "The content sidebar has been activated on this page/post but doesn't have any widgets added to it. Add some widgets to this sidebar in appearance > widgets in the admin. " I can't figure out where that is at theme options- ugh. Is one of the template options the "default" for the Blog? In other words, is this theme related, wordpress related or both? please help- thank you! http://mycoastlines.com/about

wp101

Hey Michelle, If you want to add widgets, you need to go to the Wordpress admin section and look for the Appearance tab. Click 'widgets' here. On the right hand side, you'll see a list of tabs corresponding to the sidebars. If you want to add a widget to any particular sidebar, you click to 'open' the closed tab (it may already be open) on the right and drag/drop the widget you want adding. You say it no longer displays posts, I take it then that it worked before? Can you remember any steps you might have taken to cause it to not show?

mcookson

I have selected widgets, and all other pages (using the same page template setting) are displaying as expected. Saying no page at site seems to show the blog posts-? Only changes have been to adjust which template a page used. weird- have used wordpress before, and never seen posts not display at blog page. help! thanks

cmunns

the "front page displays" option is the default handle for showing posts. If you have Static Home page selected instead you have to reassign the "Posts Page" to something else bc the front page displays option is now irrelevant. If you attach a screenshot or tell me what you need as home v blog page I can help further. (If Latest Lines is a blog page then you need to make sure it's the default template to show posts)