Sign in to follow this  
mooihoek

**** Jigoshop Plugin Update To 1.2.1 Beware! ****

mooihoek

I've just updated this plugin to 1.2.1 when I added an item to the cart my site crashed and not able to get it back.

Henry Perkins
I just tested this with a fresh install of 2.1.6 and JigoShop 1.2.1 and I am able to add to the cart successfully. Try re-installing the plugin. The Changelog from 1.2 to 1.2.1 only reflects one change, dealing with Tax.

Rob
Hi, I see you were able to restore your site. Likely, the crash was not the result of Jigoshop OR Pagelines Framework, but a memory crash. Can you recall the error message? Also, when such errors or crashes occur, it's recommended that you copy and paste the errors here so we can analyze them. Can you find out what amount of memory is available to PHP processes? You'll need to ask your host.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

mooihoek
Nope Im not able to get my site back online, each time I restore it from back up and update the jigshop plugin I get the following error message: Fatal error: jigoshop_cart::calculate_cart_total() [jigoshop-cart.calculate-cart-total]: The script tried to execute a method or access a property of an incomplete object. Please ensure that the class definition "jigoshop_product" of the object you are trying to operate on was loaded _before_ unserialize() gets called or provide a __autoload() function to load the class definition in /home/content/18/8850518/html/wp-content/plugins/jigoshop/classes/jigoshop_cart.class.php on line 484

mooihoek
I've disabled them all and I still get its a pain in the butt!

Henry Perkins
@mooihoek In the file it mentions, jigoshop_cart.class.php (line 484), it is centered around adding coupon functionality with pricing and tax, as well as with items already in the cart. Try disabling or removing any coupons you may have associated with items you are trying to add to your cart and see if that helps.

beardedavenger
I suspect this is a memory problem as Rob has suggested, or could actually be a Jigoshop problem, as it's in it's functionality. There is a report of the same issue: http://forum.jigoshop.com/discussions/problems/2487-fatal-error-after-upgrade Although I'm thinking that may actually be you? I'd do an export from Wordpress so you have your products, then re-install the plugin and see if that helps.

Something big is coming for DMS + photographers.

http://fotostheme.com

Nick Haskins & CO - New home for all of my PageLines Store products! 

http://nickhaskins.co

Better DMS - News, Tutorials, and Tips

http://betterdms.com

mooihoek
@Henry there are no coupons which have been added nor anything in the cart. @beardedavenger yes some of those posts are from me, various comments now but removing the plugin and re-installing doesn't work, well there appears to be some sort of conflict when the click desk plugin is enabled.

Rob
It would not surprise me that ClickDesk, an instant chat plugin, is causing a conflict with JigoShop. Likely, they both use similar backend systems and that could cause a conflict. Such a conflict can cause PHP processes to skyrocket and crash a server very easily, particularly if the host limits the amount of memory available to PHP processing to 32Mb. Please deactivate the ClickDesk plugin and see if the matter resolves itself. I might also add that if you look at http://wordpress.org/extend/plugins/clickdesk-live-support-chat-plugin/ you'll notice that 2 out of 3 reports say the plugin is broken along with a number of complaints posted. I'd suggest not attempting to use live chat until you've ensured Jigoshop is stable.

Simon
My first thought is you have two plugins both trying to use php sessions, and one is trying to access session data before the sessions are initialized. As wordpress does not use sessions at all, it must be a third party script or plugin causing it. So, disable them ALL then re-enable one at a time till you find the conflict.

mooihoek
@rangelone , yes in my situation it appears when I enable the Click Desk plugin and then go to my cart I get the issue, whole site crashes, but reading in the jigoshop forums other plugin's also have issues with the updated jigoshop plugin 1.2.1 so I think there's a bigger issue with the jigoshop plugin than other specific plugins. There is still no update from them regarding the issue.

Rob
I hope you've disabled ClickDesk till you find out what's happening there. Have you also asked ClickDesk why it doesn't work with JigoShop? Also did you follow Simon's advice? He's the master!

mooihoek
I have indeed disabled clickdesk as I have no choice ;-) Strange that both jigoshop and click were fine before the 1.2.1 update of Jigoshop

catrina
Let us know whenever there's an update on the Jigshop plugin issue. After reviewing the thread, I'm not sure what else could be done. :

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

mooihoek
I will do ;-) its frustrating!

Danny
Hi mooihoek, For moderating purposes I have accepted your answer. If you require further assistance, simply reply here and the topic will become open again.

Please search our forums, before posting!