Sign in to follow this  
indieconnie

BuddyPress without sidebars - options?

indieconnie

Newbie here. Not a developer. I've been cruising the Forums looking for the hidden knowledge about how to get the sidebars to show up on BuddyPress pages. It looks like that is not an option at this point in time. I MUST have a way for my members to post/link to their music, photos and video. I found plugins that use widgets, but if the sidebars are banned from the BuddyPress profile pages the widgets don't show up. There are a bunch of widget choices that the theme makes available - are all of them blocked? Will the MoreFoot options work on Buddypress pages? 15 days to refund deadline. I need to be able to make a decision. I am open to wild and crazy solutions.

Rob
We're aware of this, as I'm sure you've read and endeavoring to resolve a conflict between the two systems. It's an ongoing, difficult process, which I too have reason to want resolved. Personally I have the same problem for my own forums. Morefoot does work on BuddyPress pages as you can see from my site. http://www.epicurus.com/discussion/discussion-forums I'd suggest writing to hello@pagelines.com and asking for a decision period extension due to this issue. Other than this, PageLines is one of the best systems I've ever seen and we'd hate to lose you!

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

indieconnie
Nice site. I like the soothing colors. Ok- I am calming down. I went shopping for plugins today and found BP Album (photos) and BP Activity Plus (photos, music, video). These can go into the BuddyPress pages without sidebars. I was able to get both of them to work. I like your site though, and if the widgets will work in the Morefoot that might be better. I will run it past the boss. I still have choices. Thanks for the stuff that works right! I am amazed that it has gone together as quickly and easily as it has. We fought with the old clunky theme for so long. PageLines is much better.

indieconnie
Nice site. I like the soothing colors. Ok- I am calming down. I went shopping for plugins today and found BP Album (photos) and BP Activity Plus (photos, music, video). These can go into the BuddyPress pages without sidebars. I was able to get both of them to work. I like your site though, and if the widgets will work in the Morefoot that might be better. I will run it past the boss. I still have choices. Thanks for the stuff that works right! I am amazed that it has gone together as quickly and easily as it has. We fought with the old clunky theme for so long. PageLines is much better.

jankowalski
that s a pitty it s havn t been solved so far, developers know about this issue for several weeks now.