Sign in to follow this  
martin

Annoying: Footer Logo reappears after Update

martin

I do have a developer license and am successfully logged in. But after the latest update the footer logo reappears and I have no clue how to get rid of it again. I have to say there are two reasons I would reconsider using/buying Pagelines again: The logo issue and loading times. PL's loading times are brutal ??¦ However, I want that annoying logo (which I paid for to disappear) gone.

Rob
We included a new option in the recent updates that make it incredibly easy to remove the watermark making the older CSS method obsolete. Just go to Dashboard > PageLines > Settings > Website Setup and scroll down to Website Watermark. Just check the box that says "Hide Watermark" and the icon will be gone. As for load times, I too have experienced extremely slow load times in past and thought it might be PageLines. As it turns out, the memory resources available from my host were too low for my website's traffic. Many hosts, particularly shared hosting plans, offer limited amounts of memory for all processes. PageLines wasn't and won't be the cause of memory depletion or slowness. However, deprecated plugins, extremely large image file sizes and high traffic will. While I understand your frustration, PageLines does provide exceptional support which other themes try to emulate but rarely do, if ever. We hope we can continue assisting you with any problems you may experience.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

martin
Ok, thank you for the prompt information. And yes, you're absolutely right: Support [i]is[/i] great. I'll look into that new setting tomorrow. I did notice this option but as it says ???Watermark??? I didn't think it was related with the footer logo. Regarding the loading times: I am granted 64 MB of memory ??“? I think that's quite much. High traffic isn't an issue, too. As aren't (too many) plugins. However, it (PL, that is) is doing a dependably good job. Thanks again! Cheers!