Sign in to follow this  
holimed

one frame for sidebar 1 + 2

holimed

Hi, I successfully managed to tweak the custom CSS to get an outline and shadow around my widgets in the sidebar wrap. But I want the sidebars 1+2 to be in one container, but they aren??t so my CSS does??t work for them (only individually which looks overloaded). How can I add a div around them and apply the same CSS to it? appreciate any pointers! Thanks, Nikki

WebWerx
@holimed: Hmm, well you could try creating 2 new divs (one for the left widget & 1 for the right one). And then replace "outline-color" with "border-top", etc.... (Omitting "border-left" or "border-right"). Not sure if that work.... But you could just take the code from "#sidebar-wrap div.widget-pad" and clone in order to experiment. Am I making sense? Not sure how it will all line up or the dynamics of "box-shadow". Or how things would line up. Or recreate the shadowed border around everything: "two-sidebar-right #pagelines_content #sidebar-wrap " Sch?¶nen Tag noch!

holimed
Danke, I tried that but the shadow doesn??t work with that option, neither do I seem to get the shadow around everything working.. it might work that way if i could define the widget-pad for the universal sidebar and the sidebar 1+2 separately, but so far no luck with that.. Here my code: [code]#sidebar-wrap div.widget-pad { border: 2px solid #DDDDDD; margin: 0.6em 0; padding: 10px; -webkit-box-shadow: 0 8px 6px -6px black; -moz-box-shadow: 0 8px 6px -6px black; box-shadow: 0 8px 6px -6px black; }[/code] Any suggestions? My main problem seems to be identifying the right divs even though I use the safari inspector.. Will give it another try tomorrow and else resort to a borderless background with shadow to the bottom only. Appreciate any code tips till then! Thanks!

WebWerx
Ya this is hard one as there is nothing defined in the framework to capture both widgets within one div. or at least nothing I can see. I wonder what @simple_mama thinks?

Rob
Okay, a little progress, but you won't like it much. Your custom code has eliminated padding from the sidebars in some places and as a result, adding a border pushes the entire group of sidebars down below content. You'll need to adjust the total width of the canvas to make room for the added space. I think you'll have to remove Try this: [code].two-sidebar-right #pagelines_content #sidebar-wrap { border: 1px solid #DDDDDD; width: 32.7273%; }[/code]

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

holimed
Hiya, Thanks for the ideas, yes @rangelone, I did have outline instead of border for that reason before, but with online I can??t remove one side.. will give you code a try and report back :)

holimed
just a thought, could I achieve this by going to a one sidebar layout where i use i.e. universal above and another below, and the one below I split into two columns? ok, based on this idea I just found a great widget: [url]http://shibashake.com/wordpress-theme/wordpress-custom-widgets-plugin[/url] it??s not exactly what i was initially aiming for, but close and actually gives me a bit more flexibility! Thanks :) this point is solved for me!

Danny
Hi Nikki, I have visited your website and I see you have Universal Sidebar, Sidebar1 and Sidebar 2. I apologise but I am not quite sure what you're trying to accomplish. Would it be possible to reply please and go into greater detail or provide a screenshot.

Please search our forums, before posting!