Sign in to follow this  
elwingfield

Traditional / Old Search Widget

elwingfield

Is there any way to get the traditional search widget back. I would like the standard search form including input box with submit button. I do not like the javascript, rounded corner, no submit button look. It does not go with my design and all of my other forms have buttons. For one form not to have a button while all other forms have a button is confusing and silly. What do i need to do to get the old/tradition search widget/form back? Thank you for your help.

catrina
In Appearance > Widgets, you can add it by dragging the "Search" widget from the Widgets area to one of your sidebars on the right side.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

Rob
I'm unsure that we offer the older search anymore. However, I've found it really easy to set up a Google Custom Search, which as a rather nice rectangular search box with a good, old-fashioned button (gotta love the button). I've found that seach works much better than WordPress search results with the added benefit of yielding revenue from search results.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

elwingfield
Thank you for the google suggestion. Although i would just like to use the wordpress search box but just don't like the js rounded box. I just want the traditional html box and button back. Thanks.

Rob
Honestly, I'm unsure how to actually change that back.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur