Sign in to follow this  
mooihoek

Text Size Issue

mooihoek

I have an issue with fonts not showing correctly, go to the home | TEST page in the site URL and then compare that to the photo, some of the characters like j,p,q,y appear to be cut off.

WebWerx
@mooihoek: I see you are using the "Lato" font. I am not familiar with it. However, you can adjust the space between letters by using the "letter-spacing" CSS attribute. This can be done right within the PL Framework settings: Typography - then choose "Advanced" for the font set you are working with. Things look to be displaying correctly from my end.

mooihoek
Yes I know about that setting, the issue however is the height, the lower hanging characters are being cut off, I'm seeing the issue in Firefox, IE, Chrome.

catrina
In typographic terms, the "hanging" parts of those characters are called descenders ;) [/end typography geekery] I'm not seeing the problem you're seeing. I think that font you're using has naturally "stubby" descenders so they appear to be cut-off. I tested the font you're using on Google Web Fonts' preview text feature and the descenders are also showing up as stubby. Here's a screenshot: [img]http://i.imgur.com/I7KjP.png[/img]

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

mooihoek
thanks Catrin, doesnt appear I have an issue but interesting that within the wordpres page the text is showing up differently.