Sign in to follow this  
argrove

Add background colour to opening paragraph only on home page

argrove

Dear All, www.argrove.co.uk got hacked last week. It has now been fixed but the background colour for the opening paragraph on the home page is now not showing and I don't know why. I have already asked the way to create a backgound colour for the opening paragraph on the home page and 'cmunns' and 'Kate' supplied the answer as follows: /* The code directly below sets backgound colour to opening paragraph on home page */ .home p:first-child { background:#F1F1F1; padding:10px; } Not sure if I should have written that with CODE tag so it renders ok when you view this post so I'll do it with CODE tag as well (sorry I'm not a coder)? /* The code directly below sets backgound colour to opening paragraph on home page */ .home p:first-child { background:#F1F1F1; padding:10px; } The above code has been written to base.css (perhaps back in March 2011) and all was working fine. However, since the hack I restored the site and the same code is still in place in base.css, however there isn't a background colour showing on the opening paragraph of the home page (Building Contractors page). Please help..... Thank you, Kind regards, James

Danny
Hi James, First things first, the website you linked is using an extremely out of date version. The version in use on that site is 1.2.3, the up to date version of Platform Pro is 1.5.3. Therefore, I recommend you backup any custom code, CSS etc... and also your theme settings just as a precaution and then download the latest version from your PageLines Launchpad. All custom CSS should be added to the Wordpress Admin Dashboard > PlatformPro > Settings > Custom Code > CSS Rules and not the base.css file.

Please search our forums, before posting!