klausk

Multiple duplication of PayPal single transaction

klausk

Installing Events Manager Pro on default WP installation we find that everything works as expected. However once we install and activate Pagelines we find that whilst transactions are carried out correctly and assigned the output on the Payment Gateway (PayPal) transactions and Bookings transactions list the transaction ID up to 8 times though it is only allocated once against the actual event. This is only happening in the "Transactions" section of the pages ??“ "Recent Bookings", "Events With Bookings Enabled" and "Manage **** Bookings ??“ Bookings" show correct and valid information. Having checked the database em_transactions table we find that the transaction has been inserted the same amount of times as it is being shown on the output. I have the full developer Pagelines license. Any help would be greatly appreciated! Base Theme 1.0.2

Rob
Have you written to the plugin developer? He's a pretty nice guy and I'm sure would assist with this. Unfortunately, I don't have the plugin to test it and your site isn't live that I could see it. There may be a Custom Post Type conflict but we won't know the plugin's code. If you'd like to have the plugin author contact us, we'll be happy to help him resolve any issues.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

Henry Perkins
Have you tried reaching out to the developers of that plugin? This does not sound like an error that PageLines would cause, since you mentioned it entering transaction IDs multiple times into the database. However, I do know that PageLines Framework relies heavily on custom field types, so if there is a conflict between your plugin and one of the field types that PageLines uses, this may cause an error. Again, I would recommend first seeking support from the plugin author to see if he can provide you a solution.

Danny
Hi klausk, Like Rangelone and Henry suggest, contact the author of the plug-in and see what he/she suggests.

Please search our forums, before posting!

klausk
Hi all. We have contacted the Event Manager creators they have asked us to ask you the following: "unless your theme also uses the event and location custom post type, I don??™t see why this would matter?" Additionally, having done some testing we seem to have an issue related to the sending of an email after the IPN is sent back from Paypal - this results in a 500 error being returned to the PayPal system, code below: /** * Send an email and log errors in this object * @param string $subject * @param string $body * @param string $email * @return string */ function email_send($subject, $body, $email){ global $EM_Mailer; if( !$EM_Mailer->send($subject,$body,$email) ){ if( is_array($EM_Mailer->errors) ){ foreach($EM_Mailer->errors as $error){ $this->errors[] = $error; } }else{ $this->errors[] = $EM_Mailer->errors; } return false; } return true; } Hope this xtra info can help you help us!

catrina
I don't think the theme uses the event and location custom post type. Where are you seeing the error you pasted above?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

klausk
we have a fresh install and progressively worked through installing wordpress default theme - all working fine we then installed even manager pro and setup, we created bookings and payments with no issues - IPN from paypal worked first time, no errors. installed pagelines lite (free) version 1.0.9 and it worked no issues. we then upgraded to pro version 1.0.9 and base theme 1.0.2 - at this point when making a booking and payment we started to get the same problems. the ipn from paypal is getting a response of a 500 error, which is indicated as being an email issue (see code snippet above). we then deactivated base theme 1.0.2 tried again and got same problem. we then upgraded to pagelines framework 2.1.6 got same problem. bottom line is that everything works up to the point it (wordpress) tries to email -- is there something different between the Lite (free) and Pro (dev) version when it comes to this option.

catrina
The Lite and Pro versions differ in features and options but I'm not certain what in the Pro version you're using could be causing the issue. Have you already tried deactivating other plugins?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

klausk
Events Manager & Events Manager Pro are the only plugin that are activated.

Danny
Hi klausk, I recently replied to your email to us, can you follow the instructions on the email please.

klausk
Hi Danny, Ade is away today, could you re-send the email to myself davep@lds.co.uk - also we have located the code block calling the function that is causing the problem inside EM. Dave

Rob
Dave, I'd suggest dropping a note to hello@pagelines.com for Danny and reference this topic (with the URL) in the message. I'm not sure but think he's in tomorrow morning.

klausk
Rangelone, Thank you, I understand that Ade has sent an email to Danny along with the information he requested plus the code snippet indicating the area where the problem is occurring. Dave

Rob
Great Dave. I'm sure Danny will reply directly.

klausk
UPDATE: We have now heard back from the EM developer and he is currently updating his code to deal with the problem, once we have the update we will test again and advise accordingly. We thank you again for your help with this matter and thank you all for taking the time to discuss our problem. It's important to know you've been ready to jump in and help solve issues with Pro Dev license holders, and hope that some of the information we've dug up can help other users. WIll let you know about the updated events to see if that works. A.

Danny
Hi klausk, Thats great to hear, look forward to your response, once you have finished testing the update.

klausk
Hi Danny, We have now completed our testing of the update provided by EM under a DEV version and are now happy that eveything is working as expected. Again, thank you for you help in this matter.