Sign in to follow this  
coachkriswatkins

Design Control Settings

coachkriswatkins

I was growing concerned that I could not design the website using pagelines in the manner in which I really wanted until I came across this video on youtube http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hnaXANV0nlk In this video there are many different color design options that I can not find on my pagelines site. I paid for the most expensive designer package how do I get these other options...as in how do i get the design control option?

Henry Perkins
The video you are watching is not for PageLines Framework, it is for Platform Pro. They are different products. Which elements of your page are you trying to customize in PageLines Framework?

coachkriswatkins
I was told that the framework since it was the most expensive would have the most options to customize the colors of the site etc. I want to have all those extra color options

coachkriswatkins
I have the developer license so how to I have the options with the platoform pro, I have the base theme installed

Henry Perkins
PageLines is extremely customizable. If you go into your admin, and in the Pagelines tab, hit Color Control, it will give you some options to control text color and background color. In the "Typography" sub menu, you can specify the type(s) of font(s) you would like to use on your web site, with previews. You can add more fonts to the current selection by going to the Store menu and installing the "Googlefonts" plugin as well. If you'd like more "hands-off" color customization, I'd suggesting clicking the "Store" link in your admin menu and download the [b]free[/b] plugin called "Simple CSS Lite".

coachkriswatkins
I am just tying to figure out how I have the color customizations like in the video, I do not have that design control option on my site

Rob
As Henry pointed out that video is for PlatformPro and that's a totally different product than PageLines Framework, which is what your site seems to be build upon. As Henry points out, you should be looking at Dashboard > PageLines > Settings > Color Control for the colors. Additionally, for added control of menus, you can get the Simple CSS Lite plugin from our Store. The color setup is done from that Color Control area, and if necessary, through CSS (hence the Simple CSS Lite plugin). All other colors can be set via CSS Rules in Custom Code or through the style.css found in the PageLines Customize plugin found also in our Store (both plugins free). The proper docs for PageLines Framework are located at http://www.pagelines.com/wiki. Please let us know if there's anything we can help with.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

coachkriswatkins
I am confused then...Is platform pro better? What are the specific differences?

coachkriswatkins
Does this mean I should have bought platform pro and not the $400 developer license. OR do you have to by that before you can have access to platform pro. Also, I see the other themes listed there like whitehouse etc. The demos for those take you back to the main pagelines site.

Henry Perkins
Please read this article to determine if your purchase was the right one. http://www.pagelines.com/wiki/PageLines_Framework_vs._PlatformPro

coachkriswatkins
I have framwork paid for, but I dont have all those settings like on that link. DO I have not have something installed right?

catrina
Would it be possible for you to take a screenshot of the PageLines settings page (accessible on the top left side of your WordPress dashboard) and post it here?

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

coachkriswatkins
How do I do that? Here are the option I have for colors of the site In the main color settings I can change the Body, page, and background colors I installed the simple css and that seems to only allow you to change the menu color. In that video that guy was able to change border colors etc. I do not know CSS code, I would like the easy options to change the color schemes like in the video

catrina
PageLines Framework doesn't have the same Design Control Settings as PlatformPro. Since you have Simple CSS, you can use CSS code to change border colors and other colors you want to change. For further reference on how to use CSS code to make the customizations you want, please see this documentation: http://www.pagelines.com/wiki/Custom_CSS. For help with adjusting borders, please see this: http://w3schools.com/css/css_border.asp

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse