Sign in to follow this  
WebWerx

Featured Image Slider Height Adjustment

WebWerx

Hi everyone. I need to change the default Featured images height on a site. http://cl.ly/14140Z3Q1g331q1v2S0R I noted a number of CSS entries and am a bit hesitant to change things until I have some feedback from those who know more than I on this topic. I'd also like the image to appear across the entire 1000 pxs. site width. Thanks you kindly..... 8-|

Rob
In Dashboard > PageLines > Meta > Default Settings, what height do you have set under Features for the slider? On the page, do you have a height set in the Meta Settings also? Testing it, I had to change the size in a number of settings. Is the height set for each slide? It seems to be 388px and should be 300px if that's your preferred height. Once I changed them all to 300, the text moved right up, eliminating the whitespace. Please let me know if that helps.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

WebWerx
Oh I get it. I had it set correctly in the Meta section... but not at the Page level: http://cl.ly/1w0x2Q303o3Q230l2O2E . I just assumed that the Meta setting would over ride everything when in fact I allowed a conflict to be created. I am good. Perfect! Danke!

Rob
Great. Glad that worked. It was hit or miss for me too!

WebWerx
@rangelone: I find it confusing sometimes with FireBug in terms of determining CSS that has been set in system settings and your run of the mill style.css stuff. Any hints at identifying these times would help. Thanks for "cooking up" a great response. :-)

Rob
WebWerx, if I actually KNEW what I was doing, I'd probably be the company's Chairman. lol The trick I found with Firebug is to check everything and experiment. It's great benefit is you can change numbers and see live, what it does. If it works, leave it changed, copy/paste to make it active. If it doesn't just hit refresh and start looking elsewhere. That's why my replies sometimes take a bit. I'm off looking for solutions.