Sign in to follow this  
pagelines_45

Side Bar padding issue in IE (pc) and FF (Mac)

pagelines_45

Hi there, if you go to this URL in IE on the pc of FireFox on the mac: http://millwaymarina.com/wp/ you'll notice the secondary side bar is being cut off on the right side. Chrome (Mac and PC) and Safari seem to work fine... Any help would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!

Rob
I see a few errors in IE9 and Firefox, both on PC (sorry, I don't have a MAC). First, on all pages where the left sidebar exists, about 1/4" of it is cut off on the right side. Is that what you're referring to? Second, on http://millwaymarina.com/wp/?page_id=22, what appears to be a right sidebar is somehow embedded in the content area. In the first instance, this is a matter of the layout, not really well resolved by changing padding. It's much better to resolve it through widening the sidebar and narrowing the content area. Of course this would disrupt your sliders, so it might be necessary to also widen the entire canvas. Currently, your site is set to 996px wide. A number like 1040 might be better. But the sidebar is narrower than the width of the image plus twice the padding. The math is (img) 250+ (left) 10+ (right) 10=270 minimal sidebar width. I always like to throw a few extra in there for good measure, so I'd recommend 276. There's also a table in that text widget. Tables can add a whole new level of CSS issues. In regard to the second issue, I'm unsure if that's best resolved by looking at the way the template is set up. It appears that a sidebar is embedded into the content area for one of the templates used in page 22. Have you checked all your templates to ensure they're setup correctly?

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

pagelines_45
Hi rangelone, that was it. Thanks so much! I hadn't thought of that as it looked fine on certain platforms:-) Page 22 is a working page and not set up yet Thanks so much! David

Rob
David, I'm so happy it worked. I see your menu still wraps, though. Here's a little snippet that will adjust it so that the menu spacing is equal up, down and to the sides. It will bring your menu (as it is) onto one line with the search. [code]ul.sf-menu li a { padding: 10px; }[/code]

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur