Sign in to follow this  
onlinetracker

Remove Boxes, Features and Banners from BuddyPress related pages.

onlinetracker

I've discovered this now on the WikiMedia extension and it is appearing on my BuddyPress extension now that I installed it. I need to remove the Boxes, Features and Banners from displaying on anything BuddyPress related [but I'd like it to have the same functionality as pages where I can selectively disable them]. I have the items in my Header, and its never been a problem for other pages/posts since I can remove them, but in the Wiki extension [which is a known problem now] and apparently with BuddyPress, I cannot remove them. I was going to use CSS such as what I found in another thread: .archive #feature, .category #feature, .search #feature{ display:none; } But that requires me knowing if there is even something I can hide. Ideas?

Henry Perkins
Have you tried hiding by default, and then show the sections on the pages you want them to appear on? I know that functionality works well.

onlinetracker
@henry Yeah. I know about that functionality but then I have the reverse problem where I can't selectively display features, boxes or banners under the BuddyPress/WikiMedia pages. It's just an integration element that I think is more of an overlooked function that should be present. I'll see where I can put it as a feature/function request. It was a problem earlier in the development of Platform/Pro that you couldn't selectively disable these features. Hopefully the options will appear for everything.

Henry Perkins
If you look at any section.php in Pagelines, at the top in the commented out section, there is a "Works with" section that lists the templates and layouts that section will be available on. You can manually change this, but I cannot promise that the feature will be fully functional on the template you choose to enable it on.

Danny
Hi onlinetracker, I apologise but you have me slightly confused, you have the features, boxes etc... in your header template and want to disable them on BuddyPress and MediaWiki pages. Which is possible but then you say this, [i][quote]"Yeah. I know about that functionality but then I have the reverse problem where I can't selectively display features, boxes or banners under the BuddyPress/WikiMedia pages."[/quote][/i] What are you trying to achieve, do you want them to be on the BuddyPress/MediaWiki page or not?

Please search our forums, before posting!

onlinetracker
@Danny "I can't selectively display features, boxes or banners under BP/MW pages." which is a known bug [you can find the report if you like] on the Wiki side and appears to be something that would benefit the BP side of the integration, since its an integration and not just a simple add-on. That is what I'm trying to achieve.

catrina
Hm, I'm not sure if or when this option/feature will be available, but I can add it to customer requests in a weekly report.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse

Rob
Hi, Danny and Catrina are correct. Some elements currently do not work in BuddyPress, but we're working every day to improve things. We apologize for the inconvenience. I use BuddyPress on my own site and feel your pain. There's lots of stuff I'd like to display too. I don't know if this would help, but perhaps you can set up your site to include boxes in the Morefoot or a slider in the Header. They'd likely show there. I've not tested this, but it's worth a try.

Former PageLines Moderator, Food Expert and Raconteur

onlinetracker
@rangelone I'm not sure what they are correct about. I'm simply disclosing a problem. Danny is suggesting I don't know what I want and Catrina is stating that it may or may not ever be an option/feature. You were even the one to get it confirmed and put in the issues list: http://pagelines.com/tracking/pagelinesframework/issues/62 Why not do the same for something as experience breaking as not being able to remove them from the social network side just like the MW integration?

catrina
For now I think a CSS workaround can hide the boxes and other sections where you don't want them.

Please read the docs before posting. Please do not private message me unless I ask you to.

Designer | Catrina Dulay

Founder | Catrina and Mouse