Sign in to follow this  
kellylazarus

How to tell iBlogPro version?

kellylazarus

Hi there, I just purchased the iBlogPro theme yesterday. I was expecting to download version 4.1.3, however, when I loaded the theme into WP3 it shows up as 4.1.2. I can confirm the bug fix for the feature boxes is present (affirming the 4.1.2 release) by this line in template_fboxes.php:

<?php if($count % $perline == 0 && $count != $total):?>
I can also see calls to the
wp_nav_menu()
function which insinuates WP3 menu support, but when I previewed the theme, the my WP3 menus weren't working. This leads me to believe I might not have 4.1.3 as I expected. Can someone tell me how I can actually determine if I have the latest release or not? This is the head of the style.css document:
/*
	Theme Name: iBlogPro

Theme URI: http://www.pagelines.com/themes/iblogpro

Description:  iBlogPro is a professional WordPress theme built on the PageLines CMS framework. Designed and developed by Andrew Powers and PageLines.

Version: 4.1.2
	...[/code]

Thank you.

cmunns

I will look into this. the menus should work, it may be that the version number just didn't get updated. Did you double check to see if you have menu support?

kellylazarus

Hi Adam, Thanks for getting back to me. We do, indeed, have menu support, however, the feature box bug still seems to be there. I'm inclined to believe we got the version we expected given the support for WP3 menus. I've also found references to iBlogPro3 in there too (check index.php), so it looks like the version numbers are being managed by hand as opposed to an expandable variable from the sourcecode control system. Do you have a public repository somewhere (github?) that I can fork from? I need to get in there and fix some things ASAP. Thanks!

cmunns

What bug are you experiencing with the feature boxes at this point?

kellylazarus

Hi Adam, I was going to start a separate thread to track that issue, but since you asked, I'm seeing an empty div tag that is styled. This creates an "hr" of sorts as you can see in the following screenshot: fbox_bug.png This seems to be happening because we have many more than three feature boxes but only three set to a given page using the "Display Page IDs" option. I haven't had time to drop into the debugger so I can't give any specifics on why the logic in this line doesn't work properly:

<?php if($count % $perline == 0 && $count != $total):?>
EDIT: I've spent a bit of time looking at template_fboxes.php and the problem relates to the way you're setting
$total
on line 6:
$total = count(pagelines('fboxes'));
In our case, we have 18 feature boxes right now (with many many more to come) so
$count != $total
always evaluates to false adding the extra closing/opening of the "fboxes fix" div. What you should probably consider doing is passing that call to
pagelines('fboxes')
to
array_filter
with a callback that checks to see if
$fbox->page
contains
$post->ID
so
$total

is initialized to the number of feature boxes set for a given page instead of the total number of feature boxes defined in the global options array. (my .02...)

Andrew

Wow! Some skilled feedback there... definitely taking the advice. You're correct in that this could be a bug, as we haven't tested with more than 9 boxes... (hard to test everything!) Will note for patch :)

kellylazarus

Thanks for the compliment Andrew. I'm going to mark this issue resolved as I understand that I actually do have the latest release. I also understand regarding the fbox bug. I'm going to patch my own version as I need to have this fixed by Wednesday. Let me know if you want me to send you a patch privately.